The Student Room Group

Alevel Psychology- how do I revise effectively ???

Hi everyone I'm coming to the end of my first year and I was wondering if anyone had tips on how to revise for psychology as I've been neglecting it a little, any advise would be great! Thanks :smile:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

I'm doing A Level Psychology right now, not sure what exam board you do but what's been working for me is just really making sure you know ALL
the key case studies, they are super helpful. Panicked on a question in a mock exam and just churned out a bunch on information about some
relevant case studies and managed to get full marks on that question.
Apart from that, it's really just a matter of shoving the information in your head. Try the scribble technique, that's a really helpful way of learning lots of information in a quick amount of time. I find with this technique you can get 3 hours worth of revision done in 1 hour provided you stay really
concentrated.
You allow yourself a couple minutes to read over a page of notes/textbook and maybe make some notes, and then hide the notes/book
and write down everything you remember. Repeat this a couple times until you haven't missed anything out. This way you've repeated memorising
the information so it will go into your long term memory. its much more effective than just taking notes
good luck x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending