Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Math studies May 2017 (wth happened) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! I just wrote the Math exam today, Paper 1, and it went so bad. It was the hardest exam i've ever seen and it was nothing like the past papers. How did you do???

ReputationRep:
    I totally agree! I was on a 6 before this paper, now I'm probably on a 2! I don't know if there's anything we can do about it now- but some of the stuff in it I had never seen before!!

ReputationRep:
    I got a level 7 on last year's paper in the mock, now i'm praying for a level 5 in this one. That was by far the hardest maths exam i have ever taken.

ReputationRep:
    Was predicted a high six and it will be a bloody miracle if I can scrape it after that sh*t show!!
    That TZ2 paper was NOTHING like any of the past papers i'd done - who the hell is Jashanti and why can't she just buy the damn car and move on?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone think that the grade boundaries will be lowered because of its difficulty? And if so then by how much?

ReputationRep:
    Omg, paper 1 was ok but paper 2 was much worse! I felt like crying. The only questions I could solve were the trigonometry. Everything else was horrible

ReputationRep:
    From what i heard, the boundaries might be lowered (they'd better) because of how difficult it was. I'm literally so disappointed but i hope we all get the grades we deserve in the end! Good luck guys!

ReputationRep:
    I do IB in Spain, and Ib will compare the grades with other countries in order to do the maths studies boundaries. My paper 1 was the worst. So if other countries also have lower grades then they might lower the boundaries. So lets see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daydreamer4life)
    Omg, paper 1 was ok but paper 2 was much worse! I felt like crying. The only questions I could solve were the trigonometry. Everything else was horrible
    Hahah I didn't just feel like crying, I actually sat there and poured my eyes out as they took in the papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unigirl2017)
    Hahah I didn't just feel like crying, I actually sat there and poured my eyes out as they took in the papers
    Sorry to hear that :sad:

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.