Should I start revising for my GCSEs in year 9?

Watch
Purplebottle
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by HANNAH_21)
Hi next year i will be going into year 9 so i know what you are thinking but i don't see the need for extra work. Just go over what you did in class and do your homework. Also it is a good idea to revise for exams so you get a little more used to revising and studying. Year 9 should be more chilled out because it is the work in year 10 and 11 that counts more.
Did you not just make a thread asking if you should start revising in year 9? You literally just said you shouldn’t on here
ashestostardust
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by _R2470_)
Not true in all schools. Some schools start their gcses in year 9 and do the options in year 8. 7 & 8 would be the actual carefree years
My school did that but it didn't stop year 9 from being a carefree year oops
HANNAH_21
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Purplebottle)
Did you not just make a thread asking if you should start revising in year 9? You literally just said you shouldn’t on here
yeah i got some advice and thought it might be good to tell people
angelssssharma
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Emil.ia)
Hello, I am a student in year 9 and have recently chosen my options for GCSEs. Since the GCSE exams are said to be more challenging than before, I am a bit worried about them and ( as practically everyone) want to do well. Is there a point in me starting to revise the GCSE work and practicing with the past papers?
What advice would you give to year nine's now that you've done your gcses?
angelssssharma
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by jemmaclarke37)
same age as you here, what i'm doing is writing up all my lessons in notes to keep in a binder and reading ahead in the textbook, and revising small amounts in relevant subjects occasionally. Like others have said, don't start fully revising now as you will burn out and not really benefit, but make sure you're fully on track with homework and "prepare" for revision later on, as getting in the habit now will really benefit you!
What advice would you give to starting year nines now that you've done your gcses?
apaul291003
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hello, I am a student in year 9 and have recently chosen my options for GCSEs. Since the GCSE exams are said to be more challenging than before, I am a bit worried about them and ( as practically everyone) want to do well. Is there a point in me starting to revise the GCSE work and practicing with the past papers?
If you would like i can provide you with really thorough notes for Biology and maybe some English Language creatvie writing essays. PM if youre interested.
macy_m
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by apaul291003)
If you would like i can provide you with really thorough notes for Biology and maybe some English Language creatvie writing essays. PM if youre interested.
it was three years ago
smeagolbeeagoll
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
NO, i would say start in year 10 (if you wanted to start early) you shouldn't be revising too early because you will definitely burn out and you won't want to work in year 11
username5161480
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I did and honestly, it was just unnecessary stress 😂😂 Year 9 is the time to mentally prepare yourself for GCSE's and the work that comes with it. As cliche as this may sound, the next 2 years will go by SO FAST! Take this time now to think about your goals, where you want to be, and how you're going to go there. I revised from year 9 all the way to year 11 and sometimes I think if I had broken up my revision time a bit more, I wouldn't have been so stressed. I set my goals whilst in the middle of studying instead of having a vision beforehand, and that is one of my regrets.
Good luck with everything and I hope this helps
franmatarazzo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
hey I figure you might've done your gcses now, how did you do
Dragon264
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Don’t go overboard. But it’s helpful to look ahead at the syllabus for your subjects. However I cannot stress this enough, don’t start stressing now. Have a relaxed approach towards revision. Past papers can be helpful as you will start to understand what the examiners are looking for and how to get marks. Yet they might be difficult if you haven’t learnt the content yet.

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (102)
5.18%
Uncertainty around my education (295)
14.98%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (208)
10.56%
Lack of purpose or motivation (276)
14.02%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (86)
4.37%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (112)
5.69%
Loneliness (172)
8.74%
Financial worries (70)
3.56%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (86)
4.37%
Exposure to negative news/social media (92)
4.67%
Lack of real life entertainment (108)
5.49%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (175)
8.89%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (187)
9.5%

Watched Threads