Finance for Nursing Students in Northern Ireland

Watch
emmaarizona
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi everyone,
I want to study nursing next year but I'm a bit confused about the whole finance thing. I know I'll get the bursary etc. because I'm from Northern Ireland, but I was wondering how you apply for it (e.g. is it through Student Finance NI or do you apply once your officially accepted in August through a difference service?) I was also wondering if anyone knew roughly how much the bursary for living costs is. My teacher told me to apply to student finance anyway because my insurance choice will probably be in Scotland, so she told me to fill in the form as if it was my firm choice so if I do end up going there i'll have money for when I go rather than having to get my application processed if that makes sense. But I just wanted to make sure that I don't need to apply for the bursary through that instead. Thanks for you help

and Good Luck to everyone that is waiting to hear from Queens tomorrow!!!
deviant182
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by emmaarizona)
Hi everyone,
I want to study nursing next year but I'm a bit confused about the whole finance thing. I know I'll get the bursary etc. because I'm from Northern Ireland, but I was wondering how you apply for it (e.g. is it through Student Finance NI or do you apply once your officially accepted in August through a difference service?) I was also wondering if anyone knew roughly how much the bursary for living costs is. My teacher told me to apply to student finance anyway because my insurance choice will probably be in Scotland, so she told me to fill in the form as if it was my firm choice so if I do end up going there i'll have money for when I go rather than having to get my application processed if that makes sense. But I just wanted to make sure that I don't need to apply for the bursary through that instead. Thanks for you help

and Good Luck to everyone that is waiting to hear from Queens tomorrow!!!
The uni apply for the bursary on your behalf so you don't need to do anything for that.
You also can't get a student loan on top of that since you're from ni.
However it is worth filling in an application if your insurance is in scotland and you may choose to go there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
14.48%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.52%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
4.83%
I need help with my personal statement (60)
41.38%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (36)
24.83%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.07%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
6.9%

Watched Threads