The Student Room Group

Strictness of University entry guidelines

Hey everyone, I just signed up here. I'd like to do Computer Science with AI next year, and at the moment Nottingham seems to stand out from the other Unis that offer the course. It says in their prospectus that a typical A level offer is AAB-BBC, and a specific entry requirement is 3 A levels including maths or computer science.

I've taken my A-levels (I'm on a gap now) and I got a B in Physics, a B in ICT, a C in chemistry, and a C in maths at AS. For the physics i was 3/600 marks off an A, and for the Chemistry I was 6/600 marks off a B, so I'm retaking a module from each of these in January to hopefully get them up.

Do you think it's going to be a problem that I only have AS maths rather than A2? Thanks!
Sounds as if it might. Why not call them?
Reply 2
I think universities are actually quite strict when they talk about minimum requirements and when they talk about required subjects.
I always thought that while grades could probably be decreased (in cases such as clearing), required subjects were well 'required' for entry. =s
I don't know, but I'm not sure Nottingham would be into reducing grades below BBC in clearing. They probably believe you need at least that to understand their course and not run the risk of being a drop-out.

The poor old thread starter has neither maths nor computer science so his hopes could be out of the window. Sory, I can never resist a good pun.
Reply 5
Why dont you resit AS Maths and do the A2 this year?
Reply 6
I thought I might as well round this thread off rather than leave it hanging. I phoned them up, they said that because I have 2 hard sciences along with the ICT that's just as good and I won't be penalized on my subject choices.
to be fair, it would be a reasonable assumption to make. you have neither the required subjects nor grades.....

Latest

Trending

Trending