Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hiya, got my As results yesterday, got CCDD, in maths,french,physics and chemistry got to marks off a C in physics, I cant believe I just wrote chem?!, I didnt put much effort in last year though and this year I'm determined to work so hard, did anyone else who got their A2's this year do badly in AS through there own doing and then so to speak put your foot down? I'm planning to resit 5 modules? has anybody else been in this position any help and advice would be very much appreciated.xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberries)
    hiya, got my As results yesterday, got CCDD, in maths,french,physics and chemistry got to marks off a C in physics, I cant believe I just wrote chem?!, I didnt put much effort in last year though and this year I'm determined to work so hard, did anyone else who got their A2's this year do badly in AS through there own doing and then so to speak put your foot down? I'm planning to resit 5 modules? has anybody else been in this position any help and advice would be very much appreciated.xx
    Not my AS, my A2s were ABC last year, to me this was failure, and it really kicked me up the backside and shook me up, that was the first time I felt worthless and it was also the first time I have never got what I want. So I retook the year and now have AAA. You really have to work hard, I slackered off towards the end of AS as I got AAC, and wasn't too bothered about A-levels until I realised that my grades depended on whether I would go to a decent uni on a course I want, or face going through clearing and ending up at a place I hated not doing the course I want.

Best piece of advice, study, don't take anything lightly, and make sure you do revise. I hardly did any and that of which I did, was left till the last minute, not the best action plan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Not my AS, my A2s were ABC last year, to me this was failure, and it really kicked me up the backside and shook me up, that was the first time I felt worthless and it was also the first time I have never got what I want. So I retook the year and now have AAA. You really have to work hard, I slackered off towards the end of AS as I got AAC, and wasn't too bothered about A-levels until I realised that my grades depended on whether I would go to a decent uni on a course I want, or face going through clearing and ending up at a place I hated not doing the course I want.

Best piece of advice, study, don't take anything lightly, and make sure you do revise. I hardly did any and that of which I did, was left till the last minute, not the best action plan.
    In hindsight, I must say it has taught me a lesson, I know now what failure feels like and its not something I wish to feel ever again. I believe the experience has put me in good stead for university, plus, last year I applied for management, and now doing law instead. Go figure! Must be fate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberries)
    i got DEU last year and this year i got BE and im still waitin for the last 1 (which will probably be about a C) so i suppose i did some work somewhere

ReputationRep:
    can someone explain this crazy system to me whats all these As Aes or whatever an how are they marked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    can someone explain this crazy system to me whats all these As Aes or whatever an how are they marked
    an As is half an A level,and u get it for doing 1 year of a 2 year course (A-level)

ReputationRep:
    I got A,C,C,D for AS which I was initially shocked about, but when I thought about it, it is probably more than I deserve. I took As's like I did GCSE's which I paid for.(Like bunking lessons to play football). This year I'm dropping The D I got in Chemistry, and resitting around 7 modules in Biology and History I'm going to work **** hard this year. Better now I guess than slacking for A2. Can someone tell me if ACC and a positive statement will get me called for an interview in a good University like UCL,Bristol and ETC, I aim to get at least ABB, hopefully AAB.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    it can go the other way. i got ABBBC at AS, i then had an appalling year this year, doctors reckon i had glandular fever but i ignored it for too long so made myself pretty ill and by that time blood test didn't conclude much. meant i couldn't do resits in january (my doctor withdrew me) and missed a lot of college and basically didn't do any homeworl for a good 3 months... i managed to catch up to an extent with psychology (i got B) and philosophy (C), but never really got there with maths (i got a D and after a prediction of an A this is pretty devastating). oh and i got an A for general studies

but anyway i'm still into my first choice uni so once i got over the shock of maths i'm ok

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    i got cdde for my AS results in maths, ict, electronics and physics both d's are a couple of marks of a c which is really gay, but i cant be arsed to retake cos i'll just have to work harder this year and make up the marks. Im a bit pissed at myself for not doing enough work. i blame vixenIW whos at my school cos we always scived off our lessons to play cards in the stuy area, which i know is really imature but hey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrishIW)
    i got cdde for my AS results in maths, ict, electronics and physics both d's are a couple of marks of a c which is really gay, but i cant be arsed to retake cos i'll just have to work harder this year and make up the marks. Im a bit pissed at myself for not doing enough work. i blame vixenIW whos at my school cos we always scived off our lessons to play cards in the stuy area, which i know is really imature but hey.
    WTF are you talking about? I dont even know you. But I feel quite flattered to have a stalker :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VixenIW)
    WTF are you talking about? I dont even know you. But I feel quite flattered to have a stalker :rolleyes:
    err right cos like we didnt go out or anything, lol i know u want to 4get about me but theres no need to go that far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrishIW)
    err right cos like we didnt go out or anything, lol i know u want to 4get about me but theres no need to go that far
    Right. Have fun in your little fantasy world....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VixenIW)
    Right. Have fun in your little fantasy world....
    lmao u should know, yeah my life is that depressing that i have 2 make up stuff to make me feel better.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.