The Student Room Group

Unconditional Offer can I lose it if I get kicked out of college?

I have a unconditional (if firm) from Coventry university but I have been struggling in college and my attendance has dropped. The college is considering to kick me out and I am wondering if I will lose my unconditional. Thanks
Original post by IwanNeedsHelp
I have a unconditional (if firm) from Coventry university but I have been struggling in college and my attendance has dropped. The college is considering to kick me out and I am wondering if I will lose my unconditional. Thanks

I don't believe so, no. There is no reason Coventry would even know unless your referee contacted them, and even then I am not convinced they would care. Obviously though, you should stay in school etc. :borat:
Original post by IwanNeedsHelp

You have to notify the university (and UCAS) of material changes in circumstances from those declared in your application which, in your case would be: (a) no longer pursuing education at the college you named in your application and (b) most likely, not taking the exams you have declared.

They have the right to change or withdraw offers in the case of material changes.
Original post by ByronicHero
I don't believe so, no. There is no reason Coventry would even know unless your referee contacted them, and even then I am not convinced they would care. Obviously though, you should stay in school etc. :borat:

Hmm. How can he stay in school if it kicks him out? The reason that Coventry would know is that the OP would tell them, in conformance with UCAS rules (and the law).
Original post by Good bloke
You have to notify the university (and UCAS) of material changes in circumstances from those declared in your application which, in your case would be: (a) no longer pursuing education at the college you named in your application and (b) most likely, not taking the exams you have declared.

They have the right to change or withdraw offers in the case of material changes.

I did not think this applied to unconditional offers, interesting. I trust you to be more up to date on these things than me though so OP if you read this, disregard my post and listen to GB.
Hmm. How can he stay in school if it kicks him out? The reason that Coventry would know is that the OP would tell them, in conformance with UCAS rules (and the law).

You ninja'd me there as I was replying to your post.

Also, he stays in school by taking the relevant actions to ensure he is not in fact kicked out. I feel that was an easy jump to make there :tongue:
I did not think this applied to unconditional offers,

The rules apply to applicants and applications, both before and after offers, regardless of current status.

Also, he stays in school by taking the relevant actions to ensure he is not in fact kicked out.

Ah! Fair enough.
Of course, having the right to withdraw the offer does not mean that that will be done. My guess is that it would be withdrawn, though, as an expelled student is probably not a good risk for completing the course at university.
The rules apply to applicants and applications, both before and after offers, regardless of current status.

Oh, I believe you. I'm not sure why I thought it didn't apply to unconditional offers to be honest, but have no problem being proven incorrect. I'll be sure to commit that to memory, thanks.

Ah! Fair enough.

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest