The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Accommodation- When does is the first payment?

Hi there

I'm going back to uni and will be staying in halls this time, I've got my accommodation for 9th September but enrol on like the 20th. I know that student finance doesn't come in until you've enrolled so I was just wondering if anyone knows if I'll have to pay as soon as I move in and have to borrow some money!

It's Unite students I'll be staying with in Sheffield. But what are other people's experiences s with it anyway I haven't done halls before so I don't know how the payments work

ANY advice would be grand! X
contact uni. i am sure your not the only one and they will help you out
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
As its a private halls and not a university halls i'd assume they'd be expecting rent from the 9th, but at least you've got time over summer to save up for it

Maybe see if they'll accept like two weeks rent then the rest when your loan goes in?
Reply 4
All due dates for payment will be found in your tenancy agreement contract. Normally this will be a few weeks after the student loan comes in. You won't have to pay up-front if you are choosing to pay in instalments.
Original post by Alooce333
Hi there

I'm going back to uni and will be staying in halls this time, I've got my accommodation for 9th September but enrol on like the 20th. I know that student finance doesn't come in until you've enrolled so I was just wondering if anyone knows if I'll have to pay as soon as I move in and have to borrow some money!

It's Unite students I'll be staying with in Sheffield. But what are other people's experiences s with it anyway I haven't done halls before so I don't know how the payments work

ANY advice would be grand! X

I believe that when I came to uni, I had to pay before I actually got my loan (which is a pain, I know!), but I remember it being the same for my brother who went to Nottingham Uni.

It might be worth calling them and explaining the situation to see if they could make an arrangement with you, as I know there are different ways to pay in different accommodations. Other solutions could be to save up before uni, borrow if possible, or even look for an account with an overdraft that you can use and then pay back when you get your loan (maybe not the best solution but it's there).

Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending