The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

Which student accommodation at LJMU?

Hi, I'm trying to decide on student accommodation for Sept 2017, I'll be studying at the mount pleasant campus I want somewhere quite social with nice rooms, and en suite but not too expensive and a gym would be good but not necessary, I'd also like an apartment with a minimum of 4 bedrooms but preferably 5/6, any suggestions?
Well save for the gym, what you want fit's with Apollo Court. (I lived there in first year) Mainly 5 bedroom flats. On-suite with OK sized rooms for £110 a week. It's social too. However, as someone who lived there, personally I wouldn't recommend it, I chose it purely for the fact that it was 5 minutes away from my Uni building on mount pleasant.

The rooms are OK but the kitchen/living spaces are terrible compared with similarly priced places, the staff don't deal with complaints at all and repairs are slow or in my case none existent. The walls are basically paper, having no lift when your on the top floor is a nightmare and in general it's just wasn't a nice place to live.

I know people who have stayed in worse places though, as Cambridge Court is a place I would advise to avoid completely, horror stories I have heard about that place are insane.

Basically my advice is look around and if you can see them in person, I didn't and that was an error of judgement for sure.
Liverpool
Original post by ReannaSmith
Hi, I'm trying to decide on student accommodation for Sept 2017, I'll be studying at the mount pleasant campus I want somewhere quite social with nice rooms, and en suite but not too expensive and a gym would be good but not necessary, I'd also like an apartment with a minimum of 4 bedrooms but preferably 5/6, any suggestions?

Hi there :smile:,
Have you considered Europa student accommodation?.
We have an amazing site and an open door policy ( whether you need a cuppa or just a gab). We really do look after our students, but you don't have to take my word for it. Like our Facebook page and have a little read of our reviews from the guys who live or have lived here.
I am here to answer any questions that you may have regarding Europa or please call our team on 0151 2605672
Reply 3
Original post by ReannaSmith

Hi, I have a room avaliable in st Lukes View which is new for 2017 and is 2/3minutes away from your campus, reply/ message me ASAP if interested x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending