The fastest way to proofread your work!

Watch
senperfect
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi ! Looking the fastest way to proofread your work?
Read this some helpful tips from SenPerfect :

The fastest way is to have someone else do it for you. Many people in the working world have people write their text for them. Many hire editing and proofreading services with impunity. When you graduate from school or college, no doubt you will be put into a position where you need to hire a proofreaders. So where is the harm in doing it during your education? If you were a chef, would they stop you from using a blender when cooking, and instead force you to chop your food by hand?

The fastest way to proofread your work

Use professional document editing and proofreading services to check your essays, coursework and research papers. You have already done all of the hard work, research, analysis and evaluation. You may know how to correct an essay but you are going to miss things on your text. You are very close to your text, and it sometimes makes us blind to its glaring errors. It is not fair that you put all of this hard work and effort into a paper, only to have its marks lowered for the sake of an error or word usage problem that you missed.

You can try power proofreading

People will tell you that power proofreading is slower than regular proofreading, but that is because they are doing it wrong. Here is how you do it: Firstly you run a spelling and grammar check and then approach each paragraph as if it were its own essay. Read every word aloud as if you were giving a speech. Any parts where the wording sounds off, where its flow seems off, or where you have to take a breath before the next comma or full stop, you need to highlight . Just highlight it (put the sentences in bold if you wish) and keep reading.

By the end of your speedy session you should have a paper with sentences in bold. Now go back to them and check/correct them at your leisure, and you are done. You can take your time over it and examine every word like a professor examining dust mites under a microscope, but it will make the task tedious, long and difficult.

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (189)
29.3%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.43%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.99%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.37%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.91%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.84%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.89%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.26%

Watched Threads