Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Its not exactly this years freshers week, but it seems Leeds University has two weeks instead of one!

And the line up for last years is absolutly emense! Check it out http://www.bbc.co.uk/leeds/student_l...ers_week.shtml

Im sorry but if this is anything to go by, why didn't i go to Leeds for my under-grad as well!!! I can feel my wallet getting lighter already!

ReputationRep:
    Shame about the music though :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    The music is never too fantastic in Freshers week, to be honest your probably best giving the official uni things a miss and hitting the city centre for the freshers offers in the clubs and bars there. Try going to http://www.luuonline.com/intro I'm not sure if its up and running yet, but it'll be the official Leeds Freshers week site once it gets going

ReputationRep:
    The music in freshers week will be fantastically cheesy whoever is playing! The clubs in town will also have some great offers on - your best bet is to probably wait until you arrive in leeds and see where your flatmates are palnning on going and get tickets accordingly - i can't imagine going anywhere by yourself would be that fun, and even if the music/event isn't your cup of tea you'd be as well to go anyway - it'll probably be a laugh and its a good chance to get to know people - you have the next 3 years of your degree to listen to decent music!

ReputationRep:
    Also it might not be such a good idea to buy the Freshers pack before you get to Leeds. I paid £25 before hand for it and I think I went to one of the nights, really not worth it. I think it costs £5 more to buy when you get to Leeds but at least you can find out whether your new friends will want to go and you won't be wasting it. (I know thats not very clear, but hopefully I got my meaning across)

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.