Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I have jus got my AS results. I really mucked up i was expecting higher grades. Is it still worth applying for medicine.

B- chemistry
    B- biology (1 mark off A)
    C- maths
    C- physics

I have got the work experience and will be attending a premed course in october.

ReputationRep:
    Im sorry you didnt get the results you expected but you should go for it if thats what you really want to do as you wont be as happy doing something else. You can resit some modules, which will actually help you for the synoptic papers
    Im hoping to do medicine too, which premed course are you going on?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure with some resits, yeah, you can do what you want.

ReputationRep:
    You could take a gap year so they the unis don't have to judge you on your AS grades, or if you got your teachers to predict you higher grade for A2 plus a comment in your reference saying you were unwell ect you may get in for next year.

ReputationRep:
    The unis can't see your AS results (so they say) unless you declare them on the form, so they go by gcses and predicted grades, along with your personal statement, work experience and how you perform in interviews, so you shouldnt need a gap year

ReputationRep:
    im in the same state as u gettin a BBC and 3 ums points away from A in biology (b)and 7 from physics (c)

im rethinkin my options and also i can resit physics in december so...........

godo luck 2 u and me:P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neezy247)
    Hello, I have jus got my AS results. I really mucked up i was expecting higher grades. Is it still worth applying for medicine.

B- chemistry
    B- biology (1 mark off A)
    C- maths
    C- physics

I have got the work experience and will be attending a premed course in october.
    get your teachers to predict you at least AABB especially if you are applying to one of the more competitive medicine courses, have also a decent insurance place, that would probably definitely take you up with a much lower prediction just in case the other medical schools are too stuck up to take you

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.