The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

How many people just missed offers and still got in?

I'm doing English literature, chemistry, and biology for A Level, and I've been offered AAA for an English Literature course (offers can range from A*AA to AAB). My problem is that I'm very worried I'm not going to get an A in chemistry because it's so hard. I'm working my butt off, but I just don't think it's in me to get an A. I'm confident I can get an A in biology, and the A* has been mentioned by my English teachers.

My question is: if I got AAB or A*AB, do you think I'd get in? How many of you just missed offers or got slightly different grades than they asked for and were still allowed in? It'll just be gutting if they don't let me in because of chemistry when it's so unrelated to my degree course, and they give out AAB offers anyway.
Original post by beccaw789
I'm doing English literature, chemistry, and biology for A Level, and I've been offered AAA for an English Literature course (offers can range from A*AA to AAB). My problem is that I'm very worried I'm not going to get an A in chemistry because it's so hard. I'm working my butt off, but I just don't think it's in me to get an A. I'm confident I can get an A in biology, and the A* has been mentioned by my English teachers.

My question is: if I got AAB or A*AB, do you think I'd get in? How many of you just missed offers or got slightly different grades than they asked for and were still allowed in? It'll just be gutting if they don't let me in because of chemistry when it's so unrelated to my degree course, and they give out AAB offers anyway.

I was given an offer of AAB. I got AAC and was still let in. I think it depends on the subjects you get the top grades in. My degree course was for English and History. I achieved As in both of them so I was let in. It also depends on how everyone else did that year. When I did my A-Levels, the results were really bad. A lot of people didn't meet their offer. The universities had to let everyone in otherwise they wouldn't be able to fill up the spaces.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending