The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Has anyone done a foundation year in education and psychology at UCLAN?

I'm starting in September and I'm wondering if anyone has done the foundation year of this course in the past or will be doing it in September?

I just want to know what my time table will look like and how much time I'll spend there?
Hi @Callmelozx I'm not a Psychology student but I'm in my third year at UCLan so will try to help the best I can.

The course handbook is worth a read, as it gives you information on the foundation year including time table hours https://www5.uclan.ac.uk/ou/aqasu/coursedocumentation/student_handbooks/sh_bsc_hons_psychology_2017.pdf

The handbook says you should study for 10 hours per each credit you need to achieve this includes attendance at UCLan and time spent in private study. The course requires that you study 6 full (20-credit) modules (or an equivalent made up of half and double modules) in each of the three years of your course.

From experience, there is a lot of reading at university, so you will probably find yourself spending time reading around your modules through the course textbooks.

If there's anything you else UCLan related you want to know, do get in touch!

Molly
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending