Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to brighton or sussex and know what it is like?

ReputationRep:
    The universities or the city?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marychrist)
    The universities or the city?
    Well I am going to Brighton and sussex medical school which is part of the university of Brighton and the university of Sussex so really I am looking for people who are going too one of the two unis.

ReputationRep:
    I know some people at brighton already and some going to sussex. All are enthusiastic about both the place & the universities.. That's all i know though, i've never been to brighton - though i did apply to sussex and thought it looked like an excellent campus from the prospectus (just outside brighton, lots of greenery in the area but still a bus ride from brighton, and that's brilliant for all of your extra curricular activities

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I'm going to Sussex Uni to study for a BA (Hons) European Languages degree in Spanish and Italian, living at home as it isn't far away.

Looking 4ward 2 seeing some of u there then, as I'll know no1!!!!

C ya,

Jordan

ReputationRep:
    i am going to sussex to do human sciences. but i am having a gap year so starting in '05. my brother is going in september to do his masters, and a couple of my friends are doing their undergrads there. i went twice to look round and loved it both times - i really like the campus thing. the town is really nice too with lots of clubs. i think it will be wicked!

ReputationRep:
    Sussex is currently a neglected university in terms of public standing, with a tremendous record of research and innovation. Brighton is just an ex-poly. Not so long ago people would have laughed if you spoke of them in the same breath, although I suppose it's natural given the joint medical school.

ReputationRep:
    It depends what you want to study really.
    I'm going to brighton, because their business course seems really good, and i know alot of people are negative about it, but i'd say see the place, see the courses they have on offer, and base your decision on that.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm about to read for an English BA at Sussex although I've lived in the city for the last four years. Brighton the city is amazing, four years ago I thought I was only coming here for a weeks holiday! Brighton Uni has a very good rep for Art and Sussex has a very very good rep all round. Have fun whatever you choose but give serious thought to coming to play beside the seaside in brighton

Miriam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by W.A.S Hewins)
    Sussex is currently a neglected university in terms of public standing, with a tremendous record of research and innovation. Brighton is just an ex-poly. Not so long ago people would have laughed if you spoke of them in the same breath, although I suppose it's natural given the joint medical school.
    That why I mentioned it because I am going to the joint medical school. I was just wondering really how many people are going there.

ReputationRep:
    I've been to Brighton Summer school 2 yrs ago, it was so much fun! and the ppl were sooooo friendly!

any1 else?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Sussex to do molecular medicine. I think its a great uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacie)
    I'm going to Sussex to do molecular medicine. I think its a great uni.
    It is a great uni and a great choice; you will encounter Fellows of the Royal Society and Nobel Prize winners.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Anyone else here going to Sussex?

PM me if you are

C ya,

Jordan

ReputationRep:
    Ciao bella comé stai?
    My name is mario! im starting at sussex university too - im going this saturday infact! staying in lewis court on campus really cant wait!
    a presto,
    mario

(Original post by chicoinglés)
    Hey!

I'm going to Sussex Uni to study for a BA (Hons) European Languages degree in Spanish and Italian, living at home as it isn't far away.

Looking 4ward 2 seeing some of u there then, as I'll know no1!!!!

C ya,

Jordan

ReputationRep:
    Ciao Mario!

Sono molto bene grazie, e tu? Grazie mille anche per il tuo messaggio qui sopra. In ogni modo, sono uomo non una donna!! Sei italiano? Che cosa studierai all'università di Sussex? Sarebbe interessante se potessimo incontrarsi durante la settimana di Fresher's. Scambieremo numeri di cellulari?

In secondo luogo, andrò all'università la domenica per ottenere la mia carta d'identità per la biblioteca, come una carta generale d'identità basicamente, come già sai suppongo. Sebbene mi rimanghi in casa per abitare, perché abito abbastanza vicino all'università, a Lancing, infatti. Non vedo l'ora d'andare all'università. Sarà eccellente! Hai una direzione di MSN? Puoi aggiungermi a tu lista di contatti per favore? Grazie mille. La mia direzione è: [email protected].

Ti sarei grato se rispondessi a questo messaggio.

OK, arrivederci per ora!

Jordan

ReputationRep:
    Loads of people on here are going to sussex i think, but none (apart from me) to brighton .

ReputationRep:
    hey I'm at sussex now and have a lot of friends doing med at BSMS, the course is as good as any- competitive as all med courses to get on, must have a inteview etc. Best advice I can give you is to opt for acommodation on the sussex side as the brighton accommodation is a little grim. however both unis have close knit communities and a friendly rivalry with each other! The med course is split between campuses so you'll find you know the area faster than non-med students. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I think the Brighton Falmer campus accomodation is better then the Sussex accomodation??
    I know Lewes Court is nice and Brighthelm but East Slope and PArk Village aren't great (although they are terrible). I guess it all depends what you want?
    The Sussex accomodation is ok if you dont mind sharing a bathroom with up to 11 other people (unless you opt for Lewes Court phase 2 which has en-suite).
    As far as i know (but its not unheard of me to be wrong ) all the Brighton rooms have en-suite.
    Also the nicer accomodation at sussex doesn't include all your bills, so you could pay £70 per week for your room and water but then have to pay gas on top or electricity....? All down to personal preferance.

ReputationRep:
    Am I right in thinking that none of the rooms at Sussex are wired to the university network? Apparently the phone point in each room can work with a modem but does this mean that you have to organise internet access/connection with a company (e.g. BT) individually?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.