Blue-Shoes
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am considering enrolling for preceptorship with the trust post qualification which will be imminent and would appreciate some feedback.

I've heard varying opinions both positive and negative about the trust, specifically about being under scrutiny by CQC for a very long time, should this have any credibility in making a decision to train with them? I have heard about a high staff turnover but haven't witnessed this myself whilst on placements. The 18 months is relatively longer for a preceptorship programme relative to other programmes, is this a positive or negative? Finally, if anyone has preceptorship experience with the trust, can you please enlighten if the programme delivered in what you expected from it or was it disappointing?

Many thanks
deviant182
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Blue-Shoes)
I am considering enrolling for preceptorship with the trust post qualification which will be imminent and would appreciate some feedback.

I've heard varying opinions both positive and negative about the trust, specifically about being under scrutiny by CQC for a very long time, should this have any credibility in making a decision to train with them? I have heard about a high staff turnover but haven't witnessed this myself whilst on placements. The 18 months is relatively longer for a preceptorship programme relative to other programmes, is this a positive or negative? Finally, if anyone has preceptorship experience with the trust, can you please enlighten if the programme delivered in what you expected from it or was it disappointing?

Many thanks
Have you looked at the cqc reports online?
All that matters is that you find somewhere that works for you.
A preceptorship can be between 6 months to a year usually. It's worth asking if you're comfortable with finishing earlier can you?
But the support is good that you have there for such an amount of time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (148)
52.11%
No (136)
47.89%

Watched Threads