Do energy drinks work for revision? Watch

SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I want to be more focused and energised during my revision tomorrow 9-5 + hwk in the morning/evening. I will take breaks but I want to take a break after 60mins or 45 rather than 15/30.

Or is it true that sugar causes you to crash? I dont think i have ever experienced this but i also feel like I have never really felt super energised after an energy drink.

Red bull or Monster?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
Mostly caffeine you might get a short rush same as having a coffee or two. Stop you feeling sleepy, but questionable whether it makes you feel more concentrated. Try it and see. Also you become more tolerant to it, so use in moderation.
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Can't really say energy drinks helped me. I got a caffeine/sugar boost for about the whole of 10/15 mins and then my gut would feel dodgy, I'd feel restless and then tired. Wasn't worth it for me, personally.
dogears
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Don't do it, don't do it, don't do it. Yes its bad for you

And don't revise too much you'll burn out before the exam (it happened to me)
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
On non school days I start off with coffee, then I have few teas while working. Since I don't like having more than 1 coffee and have 3 teas at most, if I feel drained I have a zero calorie luczade/redbull NOT monster! Sugar free is important or else you won't be able to focus and will face a sugar crash not long in, sugar crashes are real and the temporary energy burst from sugar isn't the kind that helps you focus, quite the opposite. So it has to be sugar free. At GCSE when I was taking art I'd sneak in the kitchen and have like a shot of whiskey, a small amount of alcohol helps you focus and makes you more creative in my opinion.

I also find excercise is a good way to feel energised for studying, I study much better after some work at the gym. Try not to become dependent on caffeine, and don't drink any energy drinks before exams, only a coffee/tea at like 6-7am.
EllyJelly
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I personally think coffee is better than energy drinks, if you like it that is. Problem is with anything caffeine is the 'come down' that can leave you feeling even more tired. Try taking short power naps - 20 minutes max - through the day if you're tired. Currently doing about 12 hours a day for uni finals and living off coffee and naps xD
Kyx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
I want to be more focused and energised during my revision tomorrow 9-5 + hwk in the morning/evening. I will take breaks but I want to take a break after 60mins or 45 rather than 15/30.

Or is it true that sugar causes you to crash? I dont think i have ever experienced this but i also feel like I have never really felt super energised after an energy drink.

Red bull or Monster?
If you drink an energy drink, drink it 10-15 minutes before you start so the caffeine kicks in

Personally, I drink monster but red bull is good too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Birmingham City University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Red bull or Monster?
Hey Superhuman!

If you feel like you need a boost a little caffeine doesn't hurt in moderation but I'd suggest it in the form of tea or coffee rather than energy drinks.

The boost that energy drinks give you can actually heighten your anxiety and stress levels which isn't great whilst revising! Similarly to how too much sugar isn't great, giving you ups and downs.

What's much more effective is to have meals or snacks with slow releasing energy to help keep you going rather than a quick boost and then crash. There's a few brain food recipes on this page which could help! It's easy to become reliant on energy drinks but the foods you eat whilst revising can make a huge difference!

Lydia
SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Birmingham City University)
Hey Superhuman!

If you feel like you need a boost a little caffeine doesn't hurt in moderation but I'd suggest it in the form of tea or coffee rather than energy drinks.

The boost that energy drinks give you can actually heighten your anxiety and stress levels which isn't great whilst revising! Similarly to how too much sugar isn't great, giving you ups and downs.

What's much more effective is to have meals or snacks with slow releasing energy to help keep you going rather than a quick boost and then crash. There's a few brain food recipes on this page which could help! It's easy to become reliant on energy drinks but the foods you eat whilst revising can make a huge difference!

Lydia
Thanks Lydia, i think coffee has been helping me
username3150658
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Red bull or Monster?
Have you heard bout this new energy drink? It's called Sleep.

Joke. But I think rest would be better.
They would work but would only make you energised for a little while.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (13)
7.1%
They've been reasonable (76)
41.53%
Not feeling great... (47)
25.68%
They are TERRIBLE! (47)
25.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise