Arran90
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
How well do you think the Green Party will do in the general election? Local election results indicate that Green Party support is holding up - in the shires at least - despite predictions that Corbyn will steal the Green Party's support base and voters.

Could it even be possible that there is a slice of Labour voters on the progressive side of the party who are voting Green because they now have respectable leaders capable of appealing to a broader audience than Natalie Bennett could and Corbyn is a complete dipstick with a cult following?
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I hope they will increase the nimber of MPs . They offer a referendum on the Brexit deal of deal or remain, which I agree with.
Arran90
Rep:
?
Is the Green Party of England and Wales ignored and sidelined by the media because it is not a national party as it doesn't operate in Scotland? Aparty member told me about how they suspected that the reason why the Green Party of England and Wales was initially excluded from a leader's debate on TV but Nigel Farage was included was because the BBC did not recognise it as a national party so felt that it should not participate in the debate. Eventually the BBC bosses changed their mind and invited the leaders of the Green Party of England and Wales, SNP, and Plaid.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Arran90)
Is the Green Party of England and Wales ignored and sidelined by the media because it is not a national party as it doesn't operate in Scotland? Aparty member told me about how they suspected that the reason why the Green Party of England and Wales was initially excluded from a leader's debate on TV but Nigel Farage was included was because the BBC did not recognise it as a national party so felt that it should not participate in the debate. Eventually the BBC bosses changed their mind and invited the leaders of the Green Party of England and Wales, SNP, and Plaid.
Three parties led by women prepared to take part in tv debates.
MildredMalone
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If they really want to stand against the Tories, they shouldn't stand for election. Their votes might go to Labour. I know voting for Labour or the Greens is like deciding between shredding or burning money, but more cinders are better than cinders and shreds.
Arran90
Rep:
?
(Original post by MildredMalone)
If they really want to stand against the Tories, they shouldn't stand for election. Their votes might go to Labour. I know voting for Labour or the Greens is like deciding between shredding or burning money, but more cinders are better than cinders and shreds.
Interestingly enough, the two strongest Green constituencies are Brighton Pavilion and Bristol West which were very safe Conservative constituencies until the mid 1990s.
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
They will get 2-4% I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
username2808800
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
they are irrelevant
Joep95
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
They will get 1 mp if they are lucky
Arran90
Rep:
?
I expect that they will comfortably hold Brighton Pavilion. Bristol West is unpredictable.

Other than these two constituencies the question is how well will the Greens perform elsewhere in terms of number of votes and saved deposits compared to 2015?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (150)
14.76%
I'm not sure (44)
4.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (303)
29.82%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.56%
I'm not a current university student (493)
48.52%

Watched Threads