Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone off to University of Kent? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    King, don't worry about accommodation stuff and all that at the moment because mine hasn't not come through yet either although I do have my registration pack thingy. However I had a bit of a dodgy application aswell because Kent was my insurance but I asked to be released from my Firm so that I could go to Kent instead. Still waiting on student loan aswell because had to be reassessed because of "Change Of Circumstances" (ie. won't be at my original firm choice).

Oooh! The excitement!!

Rick.

same here I didnt get my first choice and had to fill in a "Change Of Circumstances" C01 form a few days ago wonder how long that will be getting sorted out. Is there anything interesting in the registation pack ? any idea if there is a deposit to pay or anything ? I phoned the uni and they said it will be at least a week before I hear anything. Just have to wait now cant wait before we start. Heard the first week is ment to be the best as you dont have any work. Wonder whats happing the first week. Does Kent have a freshers week ?

must remmber to add name after message keep having to edit them lol !
    must be the excitement of watching the footy tonight another good result for Arsenal 4-1 they won.

Leslie

ReputationRep:
    hey guys i'm off to kent to study english and american lit and film studies. i'm really excited but also really scared!!! i got my accomodation stuff today i'm in the Drawin self catering houses which is cool.

so far the rest of us is doing computer science I think

Leslie

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=SideKickRick]However I had a bit of a dodgy application aswell because Kent was my insurance but I asked to be released from my Firm so that I could go to Kent instead.

[QUOTE]

Yeah thats the same as me cos my first choice offered my another course but didn't want to take it. I don't have my registration or accommodation pack either.
    Emma

looks like we could get them the day before we move in. Emma when did you get your place mine was only confirmed last Tuesday. Must say I like the looks of the uni they have loads of things even their own nightclub + loads other other stuff. Was well worth going to the openday last Saturday even through it took ages as I am in Aylesbury and had to go by train that day and Victoria Station go closed just as I arrived there due to a bomb scare, a real pain lots of changes on the underground to get to another station to get to Kent. I made it just but it was worth it in the end and was pleased I got there that day. It made me choose it staight away over my other offer Kingston.

Leslie

ReputationRep:
    My place was confirmed... last friday i think. I jus wish i knew what accommodation i have! Cos if it's self catering i need to learn to cook...and fast!

same here I am going to my Sisters in London next week so she can teach me if I have to do it all myself just wish I knew to what they are up to and what I will end up with. Park Wood is nice.

Leslie

ReputationRep:
    Well as far as I know the catered halls only offer breakfast, everything else (lunch, dinner etc) you have to pay extra for...so I didn't see the point..thought it would work out a lot more expensive than going self-catering!

I have got my accommodation sorted - I'm in Lypeatt Court in Park Wood, apparently it's where they put all the comp sci/engineering/geeky people! :rolleyes: Not too bothered really, it's right next to the bar and shop and I'll also be able to park my car

Lau

ReputationRep:
    i got my accommodation stuff through yesterday and, whilst i applied for parkwood, i've been put in Darwin Court self catering houses. Not to worry i guess as i get everything i want and i'm very close to the computer buildings.

What house are you in Jo?

ReputationRep:
    i'm in 05 Harris at Darwin Court apparently... i don't really know much about it cos i wanted park wood too cos thats the one i visited on my open day but it looks quite cool, nearer the main campus etc. does anybody have any idea of what day they're planning to go up yet..i'm not sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jo:))
    i'm in 05 Harris at Darwin Court apparently... i don't really know much about it cos i wanted park wood too cos thats the one i visited on my open day but it looks quite cool, nearer the main campus etc. does anybody have any idea of what day they're planning to go up yet..i'm not sure
    I'm going up on the Saturday (18th) although I imagine the majority of people move in on the 19th.

Laura

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jo:))
    I'm in 01 Jemmy Button at Darwin Houses. I'm glad there's a few of us living there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieRogers)
    He'll be the one with a Property of Charlie" tattooed on his forhead, to keep all the women away :cool:
    That's a very good idea I like your smart thinking.

ReputationRep:
    Crazy, im in Darwin college, got all my stuff this morning in the post (well, yesterday morning as its now 2:30am). Called up StudentFinanceDirect today and they said that my change of circumstances form had been received bloody ages ago (16th August!), just it sometimes takes upto a month to process. Grrrr!

foxxy, you coming to Kent?

Rick.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    Im going to Kent and im in 02 Keeling- Darwin Houses. I guess i'll see you guys there. Only one more week to go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DjMitch)
    Hey,
    Im going to Kent and im in 02 Keeling- Darwin Houses. I guess i'll see you guys there. Only one more week to go!
    cool, what are u studying?

ReputationRep:
    cool, what are u studying?
    Forensic Science. mmmmm lovely. haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DjMitch)
    Hey,
    Cool, I'm in Darwin Houses too, 01 Jemmy Button. See you there!

ReputationRep:
    I advise you all to meet MARCUS BASHFORD, he's doing Politics and is an absolute legend

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.