The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Did you guys all sign up for those freashers passes?
Reply 41
DjMitch
Did you guys all sign up for those freashers passes?

Yep, I sent off for mine last week. :biggrin:
Reply 42
YAY! Apparently we get a hynpoist. That'll be interesting. I really need to stock up on fancy dress stuff though! :biggrin:
Reply 43
DjMitch
YAY! Apparently we get a hynpoist. That'll be interesting. I really need to stock up on fancy dress stuff though! :biggrin:

Well I think the only fancy dress stuff you need for freshers is something to wear to the beach party, and also the school disco...
yeah sent off for mine last monday. Only 4 days before I get there, I am coming up on the Sunday I only got my accommodation details yestoday. I am in Park Wood 29/E Purchas Court. Looking foward to starting.

Leslie
Reply 45
king000000
yeah sent off for mine last monday. Only 4 days before I get there, I am coming up on the Sunday I only got my accommodation details yestoday. I am in Park Wood 29/E Purchas Court. Looking foward to starting.

Leslie

Ah right, you're not too far from me then.
Reply 46
I got a Fresher's pass too - i got a new skirt for the school disco and have packed my bikini for the beach party! Yeah the hypnoptist should be good as well.
will have to meet you sometime once I get there on Sunday you still going to be going up the day before on Saturday? You say you are not far from me where are you then Laura? Do we pickup the freshers tickets from the venue as I have been so busy getting stuff ready I havent read everything through properly. I have been getting cooking stuff plates,cups etc and loads more today and I have just finished making a Top Pc to take with me as I wont beable to take my whole network with me! Hope my WiFi works ok at uni they say you can use a WiFi access point will be good. WiFi is wireless network card if you didnt know sure u did anyway. I am going to join some of the sports they do there maybe tennis how about you?

What day is the disco Emma ?
Reply 48
So are some people gunna meet up before al the parties and stuff?? Cos i hate going to parties on my own!! :eek:

I need somebody to hold my hand :rolleyes: hehe
yeah it would be cool to meet up with everyone here we will have to arrange a meet up place as we wont have internet the first week as computer connections take time and we will all lose contact with each other. Any one got any ideas where to meet up or we could pm each other mobile numbers and text each other once we are there. what does everyone think ?
Reply 50
king000000
will have to meet you sometime once I get there on Sunday you still going to be going up the day before on Saturday? You say you are not far from me where are you then Laura? Do we pickup the freshers tickets from the venue as I have been so busy getting stuff ready I havent read everything through properly. I have been getting cooking stuff plates,cups etc and loads more today and I have just finished making a Top Pc to take with me as I wont beable to take my whole network with me! Hope my WiFi works ok at uni they say you can use a WiFi access point will be good. WiFi is wireless network card if you didnt know sure u did anyway. I am going to join some of the sports they do there maybe tennis how about you?

I'm in Lypeatt Court which is next to Purchas. I'm moving in on the Saturday...are we really not gonna have internet access 'til after the first week?! Ah, that is such a pain! I didn't know WiFi would work at uni - do you know where the hotspots are? That would be ideal! I'm planning on joining the footie team, was going to do rowing as well but it costs 50 quid which is a bit steep for me. I guess I will just see when I get there...I am quite interested in taking up kickboxing as well :smile:

- Lau
Hi Laura you have to setup your own wifi hotspot I have brought a D-link wifi access point all you have to do is plug it into your computer ethernet point in your room and configure it. D-link are the best as they go 400 metres in range which will be usefull for my laptop. Cheapest place to buy a access point is www.ebuyer.com as I dont think that other people are allowed to connect to other peoples wifi because the uni want to charge everyone for a computer connection. what college did they put you in? I am in Keynes College.
Reply 52
king000000
Hi Laura you have to setup your own wifi hotspot I have brought a D-link wifi access point all you have to do is plug it into your computer ethernet point in your room and configure it. D-link are the best as they go 400 metres in range which will be usefull for my laptop. Cheapest place to buy a access point is www.ebuyer.com as I dont think that other people are allowed to connect to other peoples wifi because the uni want to charge everyone for a computer connection. what college did they put you in? I am in Keynes College.

I'm in Keynes too :smile: Yeah I already have an access point at home but think my folks would get a bit annoyed if I took it with me to uni...ah well, i'm not too bothered about having WiFi really.
Reply 53
king000000

Every day i think! Saturday - Friday all next week especially for us fresher's! Yeah you have to collect your fresher's ticket from the Venue and take the leaflet thingy that the form was attached to so they know you already bought one. The school disco is on Wednesday and the beach party is thursday!

I am in Clowes court so I am not too far away, i expect we'll all see each other in Woodys! And i think we are all meeting at Woody's at 7 o'clock on Monday!
Cool Emma, will see you in woody's at 7pm Monday then good idea :wink: as some of us will be coming up Saturday and on Sunday, what college you at?
Although not going there, I do live in Kent and want to wish you all the very best at Canterbury and hope you will be very happy there.
Canterbury is a nice place - not too busy and quite safe in comparision with other places. London is not too far away, nor is is cost - Ramsgate, Westgate etc. are a short trip by train.
Best of luck.
Reply 56
Whos coming on the saturday?? I dont wanna be all alone here!! Theres a party on the saturday night.
shame I am not able to get up on Saturday whats everyone up to on Sunday The Venue has something on. Might go to Woody's first.

Leslie
I'm going on Sunday. I think the freshers' event for Sunday is the hypnotist...
Reply 59
DjMitch
Whos coming on the saturday?? I dont wanna be all alone here!! Theres a party on the saturday night.

I'm going down to Kent on Saturday so you won't be alone! If nobody is in my house I think I'm just gonna randomly walk about and find some people to talk to!

Latest

Trending

Trending