The Student Room Group

Of Mice and Men Summer 2017

Any predictions for the summer 2017 GCSE exam for Mice and Men? Extract and essay questions- so I have a guide to study over. I will hopefully be revising over all of the characters but will focus on the predicted ones. Any ideas?
Original post by EmiliaStudy
Any predictions for the summer 2017 GCSE exam for Mice and Men? Extract and essay questions- so I have a guide to study over. I will hopefully be revising over all of the characters but will focus on the predicted ones. Any ideas?

I have a feeling it could be Candy because he hasn't come up recently
Original post by EmiliaStudy

George or Curley's wife
Reply 3
My exam last year was curleys wife, I personally think this years exam is going to concentrate on the 'dream' or 'Dreams' that are talked about throughout the book, this would be a good time to get quotes from section from candy Lennie George etc, the more quotes you can reference the stronger it makes you look on paper, also remember they know the book too so don't tend to get carry away re-telling the story
I remember mine in 2016.

If you do AQA you probably did my exam as a mock but it's all changed now.

I just want to say good luck. Memorising the quotes for two books must be a pain in the back side, but luckily, of mice and men compared to other books is a really nice, sort of obvious, book to analyse due to mass description and most characters covered being given in so much detail. Plus each fall into quite good categories (Curleys wife - sexism, Candy-ageism, Lenny - ableism, Crooks-racism). Personally a lot of people hate it but I personally enjoyed the book which did make it easier. It probably won't be a scene question as we got one on the last scene last year. But then again it is a new syllabus.

I know you'll all do well though!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending