The Student Room Group

ISA result Can a B still be Achieved

I got an E on my additional science ISA what would i need to get in my actual exams to achieve a B or A
Original post by LucyBridge321
I got an E on my additional science ISA what would i need to get in my actual exams to achieve a B or A

You would need 3 grade A's.
an E is between 40-49ums marks and a B is 280ums marks . You will need between 231-240 ums marks between the 3 exams .
Original post by Thelabtatpast
You would need 3 grade A's.
an E is between 40-49ums marks and a B is 280ums marks . You will need between 231-240 ums marks between the 3 exams .

the ISA is only worth 25% of my final grade. I had achieved a D in my history coursework which is worth 60% and i need to get a high C for it to be a solid overall C so I'm a bit confused bc History is worth 60% and i don't need to get a high grade for my exams however science is only worth 25% so why do i need such a high grade in my actual exams. Even if it is because i got an E it is only 25%
It may sound confusing however what I am saying is correct and is going off the aqa ums converter . The science specification is out of 400ums marks. 70% of these marks is 280 . You will need to get 280ums between the 3 exams and controlled assessment to achieve a B . Each unit is out of 100ums marks and as you got an E . That allocates you 40-49 ums depending on the raw mark as 50 is a D . So using the calculations from the previous post that's how I worked out you need roughly 3 A's. history ums is different and you may have a high D in your controlled assessment which is the reason why you may need a high C. What was your mark out of 50 in your isa so I can convert it into ums marks and work out exactly how many marks you need for a B.

Quick Reply

Latest