The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE ICT

Hi,
I am going to take my ICT GCSE test in 10 days :0
And was wondering if their were any common questions or topic that come up in the exams every year. If you know anything about this please let me know :smile:
Thnx
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Fazmina
Hi,
And was wondering if their were any common questions or topic that come up in the exams every year. If you know anything about this please let me know :smile:
Thnx

This isn't relevant to the exams but have you finished your Ict edexcel CAB?
Original post by ntascha_a
This isn't relevant to the exams but have you finished your Ict edexcel CAB?

Yep. I finished my controlled assessment last year.
I'm doing mine in 10 days too and from doing past papers, i know that there is almost always a multiple choice question on different types of technology and which would be most useful for certain task eg, smart phone vs mobile phone for connecting to the internet. These are usually pretty simple and can bag you a couple mark from the start. GOOD LUCK!!!!!
Original post by emilycox10
I'm doing mine in 10 days too and from doing past papers, i know that there is almost always a multiple choice question on different types of technology and which would be most useful for certain task eg, smart phone vs mobile phone for connecting to the internet. These are usually pretty simple and can bag you a couple mark from the start. GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Thank you so much!!! I have been doing some past papers and I've only just realised that you're right, there are so many multiple choice questions on different types of technology.

GOOD LUCK to you too!!! :smile:

Hope you get the Grade you want on Results day!!!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Fazmina
Thank you so much!!! I have been doing some past papers and I've only just realised that you're right, there are so many multiple choice questions on different types of technology.

GOOD LUCK to you too!!! :smile:

Hope you get the Grade you want on Results day!!!

Thank you!!!!!
Original post by Fazmina
Hi,
Thnx

I would say on most questions they have like a little scenario like " Give two advantages of Fazmina using her phone on a mountain" lol and you have to relate it to the situation and cant just say two random advantages as you wont get the marks. Furthermore on other list questions you have to explain your answer instead of just writing "The mobile phone is faster" you would have to say "The mobile phone is faster therefore Fazmina can play games efficiently without low latency". If that made any sense haha
Original post by Daydreamer3
I would say on most questions they have like a little scenario like " Give two advantages of Fazmina using her phone on a mountain" lol and you have to relate it to the situation and cant just say two random advantages as you wont get the marks. Furthermore on other list questions you have to explain your answer instead of just writing "The mobile phone is faster" you would have to say "The mobile phone is faster therefore Fazmina can play games efficiently without low latency". If that made any sense haha

Ohhh, I like your advise. I don't explain my answers and loose a lot of easy marks.
Thank you.

Btw I like how I'm in the scenarios, I can relate to the questions more easily yk.. :wink: LOL :biggrin:
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest