Kingston vs Middlesex university Watch

venz_93
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Which one is the better university in terms with course, teaching, assignments and graduate prospects. I will be studying business information system in Middlesex uni or information system in Kingston uni. I am also Care leaver and Middlesex uni don't really offer extra help and bursary for care leavers where Kingston uni do. I care for more of the course side of things. I would love to hear your opinions about these two uni in general. Thanks
ByronicHero
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Have you looked at the modules you'd be able to do, and considered whether either offers any built-in opportunities to gain work experience? Academically they will be of a very similar standard and, if you have no particular preference, I think going for the one that gives you the best support is a fair idea.
venz_93
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by ByronicHero)
Have you looked at the modules you'd be able to do, and considered whether either offers any built-in opportunities to gain work experience? Academically they will be of a very similar standard and, if you have no particular preference, I think going for the one that gives you the best support is a fair idea.
I have checked the modules on both the university website and the open day. Middlesex modules are more of business than IT on the information degree and the Kingston uni offers more the IT side than the business side of the degree with both unis offering 1year placement on the 3rd year. Based on what you telling me kingston uni just edge it in terms of support. Thanks for your input.
Middlesex University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by venz_93)
Which one is the better university in terms with course, teaching, assignments and graduate prospects. I will be studying business information system in Middlesex uni or information system in Kingston uni. I am also Care leaver and Middlesex uni don't really offer extra help and bursary for care leavers where Kingston uni do. I care for more of the course side of things. I would love to hear your opinions about these two uni in general. Thanks
Hello venz_93,

Congratulations on both your offers!!
I have just graduated from Middlesex University and I loved my time here
There are so many ways to get involved and to make friends. You can join sports, societies and jobs on campus
In terms of the course, the best person to speak to is Vicki! Here is his thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4396240.

Did you have the change to have a look at Middlesex? We are holding an Open day on the 10th of June and it would be great if you could come, talk to current students and lecturers. You can book your place here: https://mdx.hobsons.co.uk/Portal/EI/...1b4c0d6389d511

Hope it helps! let me know if you have any questions
Ludovica
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (425)
18.69%
The paper was reasonable (1075)
47.27%
Not feeling great about that exam... (504)
22.16%
It was TERRIBLE (270)
11.87%

Watched Threads