The Student Room Group

Indifference

Recently I've been off, especially after bf was getting angry over something petty - voicing out my frustrations. Since then I've been distant and cold towards him because I don't have energy for him and not even sure whether I want to be in a relationship. I tried to be extra nice around his birthday last week but, he irritates me. Asking so many questions and it's suffocating. He's already scared me with so much affection in a week let alone this. I've been making it clear I don't want to talk but he doesn't get it. His intentions are good I just want some space.

P.s. I'm the kind of person who gets scared of affection or being affectionate so that alone is difficult. Whereas bf loves showing and giving affection and having it reciprocated.
Original post by Anonymous
Recently I've been off, especially after bf was getting angry over something petty - voicing out my frustrations. Since then I've been distant and cold towards him because I don't have energy for him and not even sure whether I want to be in a relationship. I tried to be extra nice around his birthday last week but, he irritates me. Asking so many questions and it's suffocating. He's already scared me with so much affection in a week let alone this. I've been making it clear I don't want to talk but he doesn't get it. His intentions are good I just want some space.

P.s. I'm the kind of person who gets scared of affection or being affectionate so that alone is difficult. Whereas bf loves showing and giving affection and having it reciprocated.

Have you explained *why* you don't want to talk to him? You shouldn't have to but still, maybe that's bugging him.

Would it be possible to just block contact with him for a while?
Reply 2
Original post by Kevin De Bruyne
Have you explained *why* you don't want to talk to him? You shouldn't have to but still, maybe that's bugging him.

Would it be possible to just block contact with him for a while?

I've explained but that did the opposite -.-
I've explained but that did the opposite -.-

Fine, you just have to step it up because t sounds like he is in the wrong. So again, maybe block contact with him temporarily to get your own space?
You're scared of affection? But you're in a relationship and most relationships involve love and affection towards each other? Im a bit confused.. :s-smilie: If you dont like affection maybe that kind of relationship isnt right for you;
Reply 5
Feels like it's not working out. Serious talk or knock it on the head.
Reply 6
You're scared of affection? But you're in a relationship and most relationships involve love and affection towards each other? Im a bit confused.. :s-smilie: If you dont like affection maybe that kind of relationship isnt right for you;

yeah "most" are but some people actually don't like affection to a certain level. And that is fine, just when someone is overly it becomes stressful. I'm low maintenance just need certain things that are close to companionship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending