The Student Room Group

Ramadan during exams...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oreo12345
ohh, yeah i think if your health is at risk then breaking the fast is permitted

The thing is if that was a patient he would have got the trust sued.

He has never admitted fault or even said sorry.
I am fasting too, and even though wanting to eat food in school is tempting, it's easy to resist. it's not really going to be too difficult to fast during exams, it's not like someone's going to yell during the middle of an exam, "hey, I have so many pizzas yum yum yum. why don't you try it too? oh dear, you're fasting. oh well, ill just have to eat all these delicious pizzas all by myself!" not really likely.
Original post by Rooster11366
The thing is if that was a patient he would have got the trust sued.

He has never admitted fault or even said sorry.

ohh why hasn't he admitted fault, like i dont understand
Original post by nstar12
I am fasting too, and even though wanting to eat food in school is tempting, it's easy to resist. it's not really going to be too difficult to fast during exams, it's not like someone's going to yell during the middle of an exam, "hey, I have so many pizzas yum yum yum. why don't you try it too? oh dear, you're fasting. oh well, ill just have to eat all these delicious pizzas all by myself!" not really likely.

Pizzas and delicious in the same sentence.😂😂
ohh why hasn't he admitted fault, like i dont understand

Mmm let me think for a minute.
It might have been because he would have been kicked off the course.

As it was he failed the medical after the incident.
Original post by Rooster11366
Mmm let me think for a minute.
It might have been because he would have been kicked off the course.

As it was he failed the medical after the incident.

okk no need for sarcasm :h:
okk no need for sarcasm :h:

There was no sarcasm just felt sorry in a way for him.

If he had said it was down to fasting. They might have gone down another route.

He never gave them a chance.
omg so trueeeee, i dont get why non muslims are bothered by it hahaha like we can study and fast so why does it concern themmm

What are you talking about? Most non-Muslims aren't bothered about it at all nor do they care about it..
Original post by AhmarIT
Hi, i am a Muslim who will fast. Tbh and tbf i think you should eat and not worry about what others think. If you are a Muslim, you maybe a bit frowned upon but then again, these are exams that determine you future, or sort of do. If your not Muslims then you shouldn't even be worrying about this, as a lot of my friends arnt muslims and so do not fast, and hardly anybody takes offence or even cares tbh.
Quite impressed to see a Muslim that actually speaks sense.

Fasting should be a personal thing, done because you want to do it as an act of devotion. A personal commitment, between you and God. Now surely God, all-knowing and all-compassionate, would understand that humans are weak, and that sometimes undertaking a devotion such as fasting is simply not practical, and could jeopardize your ability to perform in exams which will impact your future.

But then I'm a Christian, and the theology behind what fasting means for me and what it means for you is doubtless very different.
Original post by carrotxox
For those who don't know:
Ramadan is a Muslim thing were people fast for 30 days...

and coincidentally, it falls right between GCSEs.

Now, I don't fast (I see you groaning, wait a bit) but my school is 99% Muslim, and I guarantee that most of them will be fasting.
The thing is, it's exams, Ramadan starts around 27th May or somewhere near there, which is basically exam season.
I'm gonna want to eat, but I won't be able to because I'll feel too bad for everyone fasting (and of course, everyone judges you)
Do you have tips for people who are fasting because I bet that's why most people clicked on this.
And also...What should I do?

For people who are fasting: Eat my g's. I'm sure fainting during your exams due to stress and low blood sugar has more consequences than eating some crackers and being able to focus and concentrate.

For you: I'm sure it's hard, but perhaps eat with nobody around you. Eat a large, healthy meal before you come to school so you won't be tempted to eat around other people and get stared at/be disrespectful.

Lots of hugs.

Now, I don't fast (I see you groaning, wait a bit) but my school is 99% Muslim, and I guarantee that most of them will be fasting.
The thing is, it's exams, Ramadan starts around 27th May or somewhere near there, which is basically exam season.
I'm gonna want to eat, but I won't be able to because I'll feel too bad for everyone fasting (and of course, everyone judges you)
Do you have tips for people who are fasting because I bet that's why most people clicked on this.

Last year when
I was sitting most of my exams during ramadhan, I started fasting 2 days a week then 3,4,5 etc. I was fasting everyday until ramadhan ended. At first it was hard as I did find it hard to concentrate but I just kept pushing myself but I was alert. I eventually got use to it and revision was breeze and the fast hardly had any effect. Your case is different, I would advise fasting on weekends so you can get use to it but its all up to you. Best of luck on your exams, IA you ace them!
I did my exams in Ramadan last year and let me tell you something.. I did better in all the exams which I did in Ramadan, alhamdulilah! Trust me, just because you have exams it doesn't mean you shouldn't keep your fast. Keep your fasts and do your exams, indeed Allah is there and Allah will help you. Put your trust in Allah, Allah will help you get through this. Don't be nervous, you can all do it in'sha'allah

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im in year 13 and since GCSE's ive had exams in ramadan. This year all my exams will be in ramadan. And there really important as it decides ifni get into the uni I want. The thing is that to me it didnt actually make a difference. I mean I used to go tarawee and come back home at around 12am. And allahumdulilah I managed to get some very good grades. So dont give up ur fast inshallah allah will bless you. Some advise would be that until ramadan revise all your content. Therefore when ramadan comes you wont feel too pressurised. So in ramadan jst focus on past papers and take breaks when needed. Inshallah it will go well.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Darksideous
I have not conceded that it is of no benefit. I myself fasted for one exam and I got my highest mark in that exam, 135/140.

There's no evidence there's any direct correlation between you fasting and obtaining that mark. How do you know you wouldn't have gotten the same had you eaten? There's no evidence that fasting would make you do better in an exam, if anything it would have the opposite effect.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Darksideous
I have not conceded that it is of no benefit. I myself fasted for one exam and I got my highest mark in that exam, 135/140. Another friend of mine also fasted for one exam and also got his highest mark in that exam. Don't bother replying now as I will not read, I have more important things to do than argue with some random person online.
Also I suggest you see a psychiatrist, it appears that you are suffering from mental health problems from viewing your post history.

Alhamdulillah that's great :smile:
Okay I'm Muslim I have my a levels but what I would recommend and I've heard from childhood is that if you don't fast on Ramadan you could miss it out but you will need to do it after ramadan
Lol all you had to say was eat
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
There's no evidence there's any direct correlation between you fasting and obtaining that mark. How do you know you wouldn't have gotten the same had you eaten? There's no evidence that fasting would make you do better in an exam, if anything it would have the opposite effect.

Yes, correlation does not mean causation as there may be other factors involved (Lol AS Biology), but I had done many BIOL2 mocks under timed conditions and none of them came even close to the mark I got in the end. At the end of the day I smashed my A levels, I'm happy and that's all that matters to me.
I am muslim and last year i did some exams during ramadan and i was fasting
it is okay .. they can study after they eat before the sunrises ..this is the best time to study or revise
Reply 99
Original post by rawanaimat
I am muslim and last year i did some exams during ramadan and i was fasting
it is okay .. they can study after they eat before the sunrises ..this is the best time to study or revise

Didn't you feel hungry or didn't your head hurt during the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest