alde123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Given that 1.00g of chlorine radicals can breakdown 100 000g of ozone, find the number of ozone molecules broken down by one chlorine radical.

I've calculated the number of moles of both chlorine and ozone, but I'm not sure what to do after that
_NMcC_
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by alde123)
Given that 1.00g of chlorine radicals can breakdown 100 000g of ozone, find the number of ozone molecules broken down by one chlorine radical.

I've calculated the number of moles of both chlorine and ozone, but I'm not sure what to do after that
Have you heard of Avogadro's constant?
srata
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
After you have worked out the amount of moles of chlorine radicals and ozone.

Now multiply both moles by Avogadro's constant (6.02 x10^23) to give amount of molecules of ozone and chlorine radicals.

Finally you need to find amount of ozone molecules per radical so divide the number of ozone molecules by number of chlorine radicals

(you don't actually have to multiply by Avogadro constant as it is a ratio but I think it may help to understand.)
alde123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by _NMcC_)
Have you heard of Avogadro's constant?
(Original post by srata)
After you have worked out the amount of moles of chlorine radicals and ozone.

Now multiply both moles by Avogadro's constant (6.02 x10^23) to give amount of molecules of ozone and chlorine radicals.

Finally you need to find amount of ozone molecules per radical so divide the number of ozone molecules by number of chlorine radicals

(you don't actually have to multiply by Avogadro constant as it is a ratio but I think it may help to understand.)
I think I understand now, thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I’m worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (12)
40%
I’m worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (4)
13.33%
I’m worried it will impact my future career (2)
6.67%
I’m worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (6)
20%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (3)
10%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (3)
10%

Watched Threads