The Student Room Group

Graduate entry medicine waiting list 2017 entry

I wanted to start this thread for everyone on a waiting list for a GEM place for 2017 entry. I am on 3 waiting lists at SGUL, Swansea and Nottingham. Any info about movement on the waiting lists would be great to keep us motivated and hopeful! Good luck everyone 🤞
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi :smile: I'm on SGUL and Notts, and Notts is my first choice (well, after Swansea *sniffles*)
I've heard of quite a few candidates sitting on a few offers so hopefully there will be a fair bit of movement in the not-so-distant future!

Good luck to you all!
Reply 3
Hi! Thanks for setting up this group - good idea! I'm on the SGUL waiting list. I have an offer from Notts. SGUL is my first choice (because I live and work in London)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm on SGUL waiting list too, as well as Exeter.
Reply 5
Original post by 2017Med
Hi! Thanks for setting up this group - good idea! I'm on the SGUL waiting list. I have an offer from Notts. SGUL is my first choice (because I live and work in London)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am married with a 2 year old and a 3 month old hence the preference to stay put. Here's to hoping!
(edited 6 years ago)
Im on the list for Swansea and SGUL. I live in Swansea so that would be best for me but I think the SGUL waiting list is much shorter, I think that is the likelier option (I hope).
Reply 7
I didn't realise the SGUL waiting list was shorter? Do you know how many are on there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for setting this up.
I'm an offer holder at Nottingham but I really need to get into SGUL. Nottingham isn't realistic for me.
If only we could do our own place swapping...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Samodude11
Thanks for setting this up.
I'm an offer holder at Nottingham but I really need to get into SGUL. Nottingham isn't realistic for me.
If only we could do our own place swapping...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol! I had the exact same thought. Great minds ay 👍
Reply 10
Original post by dom_all
Im on the list for Swansea and SGUL. I live in Swansea so that would be best for me but I think the SGUL waiting list is much shorter, I think that is the likelier option (I hope).

Please do share more about the shorter SGUL list, as I'm really hoping you're right. Did an admissions person tell you?
Reply 11
Has anyone on any of the other threads read any comments from current SGUL students? (There's one very active guy at Swansea and one at Notts). It would just be great to hear from them about the 2016 waiting list etc. And about the course/uni in general. There was a guy that said he was waitlisted last year and got an offer but he declined for Notts I think. So he won't know the final numbers. I'm overthinking this and clearly showing my desperation! 😬
I was 2 marks of from Liverpool's cut off, so here's to hoping they ring me soon with an offer. Got everything crossed.
Before and even throughout this whole process I used to think waiting for the interview then waiting for the post interview results was stressful, but oh god this waitlisting business is a million times more stressful lol.

Hope we all hear good news x
Original post by Dreamlola
Please do share more about the shorter SGUL list, as I'm really hoping you're right. Did an admissions person tell you?

Ok, i believe there is an FOI document floating around somewhere which had the breakdown of the number of applicants with each interview score at SGUL. This showed a maximum score of 40, with a cut off of 30 for example;

30+ : offer made
28 and lower : rejection
29: wait list score

All who score 29 are then sorted by GAMSAT score. ( These are example numbers)

Looking at the Swansea thread there seem to be a lot more people on the waiting list. Im under the impression that swansea just give everybody a score and make offers at the top of the list, adjusting as people reject. In previous FOIs from Swansea it has shown that they have made over 100 offers in total meaning that there are 30+ people on the Swansea waiting list. Not all of the people on previous years wait lists have received offers, implying that there could easily be 60 people (or more!) on the list!

Does that make sense or are they the ramblings of a madman?
Reply 15
Original post by Perserverance
Before and even throughout this whole process I used to think waiting for the interview then waiting for the post interview results was stressful, but oh god this waitlisting business is a million times more stressful lol.

Hope we all hear good news x

This wait is definitely the worst part!
Reply 16
Original post by dom_all
Ok, i believe there is an FOI document floating around somewhere which had the breakdown of the number of applicants with each interview score at SGUL. This showed a maximum score of 40, with a cut off of 30 for example;

30+ : offer made
28 and lower : rejection
29: wait list score

All who score 29 are then sorted by GAMSAT score. ( These are example numbers)

Looking at the Swansea thread there seem to be a lot more people on the waiting list. Im under the impression that swansea just give everybody a score and make offers at the top of the list, adjusting as people reject. In previous FOIs from Swansea it has shown that they have made over 100 offers in total meaning that there are 30+ people on the Swansea waiting list. Not all of the people on previous years wait lists have received offers, implying that there could easily be 60 people (or more!) on the list!

Does that make sense or are they the ramblings of a madman?

Glad to see it's not just me trolling FOI! I have found some more for 2016 also. My worrywith the FOI from 2012/13 etc is that they had 120 offer places and now just 50. In those days waiting list numbers were like 28 (24%). Hopefully they adjusted since they only have 50 places and then it could be about 12 waiting list places (24%). As 12 would be better for us all than like 28!! Especially if like me ur Gamsat is low 😞 I could be completely wrong also. Time will tell...
Reply 17
Here the most recent FOI I could find from SGUL. But for some reason they are giving out less info and saying they don't give that level of detail (but they did in the past)! https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/387820/response/956418/attach/2/FOI2017%20031.pdf
Original post by Perserverance
I was 2 marks of from Liverpool's cut off, so here's to hoping they ring me soon with an offer. Got everything crossed.

Hey was that for the graduate course? I'm hoping for the same phone call! I've been answering unfamiliar numbers all week just for scam callers to ask if I've been in a car accident haha. Best of luck :smile:
Original post by Jackjames
Hey was that for the graduate course? I'm hoping for the same phone call! I've been answering unfamiliar numbers all week just for scam callers to ask if I've been in a car accident haha. Best of luck :smile:

I've messaged you and all the best of luck to you too :smile:

Quick Reply