The Student Room Group

Graduate entry medicine waiting list 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Any news today guys?
I'm on the waiting list for SGUL and Swansea too.. this is pretty torturous.

Got 58 in GAMSAT so am thinking that Swansea is more likely, but unlike SGUL, at Swansea offer holders for other unis can also be on the waiting list so who knows!
Original post by Samodude11
Thanks for setting this up.
I'm an offer holder at Nottingham but I really need to get into SGUL. Nottingham isn't realistic for me.
If only we could do our own place swapping...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought that you can only remain on the waiting list of SGUL if you don't have offers elsewhere?
Reply 23
For those on SGUL waiting list, how do you think they decide between 2 people with the same gamsat score? 🤔
Original post by Dreamlola
For those on SGUL waiting list, how do you think they decide between 2 people with the same gamsat score? 🤔

Hopefully give you both a place :biggrin:

But most probably look at a further break down of your application.. maybe personal statement?

Who bloody knows though, they could roll a dice for all we know :frown:
Reply 25
Original post by jfletchy
Hopefully give you both a place :biggrin:

But most probably look at a further break down of your application.. maybe personal statement?

Who bloody knows though, they could roll a dice for all we know :frown:

Lol! 🤣😂
Reply 26
Original post by 2017Med
Hi! Thanks for setting up this group - good idea! I'm on the SGUL waiting list. I have an offer from Notts. SGUL is my first choice (because I live and work in London)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! I was beginning to think I was the only person with an offer that was still desperate for a wait listed place! Good luck to you! Fingers crossed we both end up there in the end!
Oh man I'm the opposite, I'm in London at the moment and don't think I can afford it for another 4 years!
Swansea, Warwick, and Notts waiting lister reporting in - good luck everyone 😊
Reply 29
Original post by Marathi
Swansea, Warwick, and Notts waiting lister reporting in - good luck everyone 😊

Good luck Marathi! I've seen you on several of the threads. What's your first choice? I'm also on three waiting lists, SGUL, Notts, Swansea. Just hoping we all hear something soon to show that things are moving.
Good luck Marathi! I've seen you on several of the threads. What's your first choice? I'm also on three waiting lists, SGUL, Notts, Swansea. Just hoping we all hear something soon to show that things are moving.

I'd say Swansea pips the others for me, but I'd be more than happy to study at any of them! Yes, let's hope so! Definitely after 8th June things should start to pick up - still that's quite a wait.
Original post by Marathi
I'd say Swansea pips the others for me, but I'd be more than happy to study at any of them! Yes, let's hope so! Definitely after 8th June things should start to pick up - still that's quite a wait.

Oh man, I was hoping things would get moving before then!
I think it will be quicker than that. People in previous years have had their wait list offers in May (for SGUL specifically) a friend of mine from my undergraduate degree was made an offer a week after the UCAS deadline from the wait list.

It all depends on whether people are declining their offers or not. I imagine by this point with all interview results out, people with multiple offers should have a pretty clear idea of what they want.
Reply 33
Original post by dom_all
I think it will be quicker than that. People in previous years have had their wait list offers in May (for SGUL specifically) a friend of mine from my undergraduate degree was made an offer a week after the UCAS deadline from the wait list.

It all depends on whether people are declining their offers or not. I imagine by this point with all interview results out, people with multiple offers should have a pretty clear idea of what they want.

Hey Dom, did your friend firm SGUL? I only ask because it's been hard to find current SGUL students on the threads to give us some details about their entry stats. I would love to know how many in 2016 were waiting listers... 3? 10? 20? More?? Aghhh so tired of waiting 😞
Hey Dom, did your friend firm SGUL? I only ask because it's been hard to find current SGUL students on the threads to give us some details about their entry stats. I would love to know how many in 2016 were waiting listers... 3? 10? 20? More?? Aghhh so tired of waiting 😞

They did confirm SGUL and seem to be enjoying themselves so far! I dont think they had a particularly high GAMSAT and they were made an offer in May. This was 2015 entry. I dont know how many were on the wait list that year, but the cohort was the same size as it is now.

I would wager that some wait list offers will go out around Friday. Once they do, if anyone on here is given an offer and you know their GAMSAT you should be able to make an estimate of your position (if you don't have an offer already - which hopefully you will)
Reply 35
Thanks Dom!
So... Just checking in... Haven't heard anything from SGUL or notts.

Anyone else?
Reply 37
Nothing here either from SGUL Notts Swansea
FYI, just got an email from notts inviting me to the open day, nothing about waitlisted places, so don't get your hopes up!
Same, think I had a TIA when I saw the email

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending