The Student Room Group

Graduate entry medicine waiting list 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by cleanslate
I think I remember meeting this guy. Wasn't he sitting the GAMSAT when he received a voicemail during the lunch break? He got an offer and then had to sit through Section III! If I remember correctly he found a house and moved to Derby in something like 48 hours!

Wow, crazy!
Reply 61
Ooh, just randomly stumbled onto this thread! Anyone else have nothing but the Swansea waiting list, and still living with the tiniest bit of hope?! Or am I being delusional 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by Zak1995
Ooh, just randomly stumbled onto this thread! Anyone else have nothing but the Swansea waiting list, and still living with the tiniest bit of hope?! Or am I being delusional 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Believe me, we are all living with the tiniest bit of hope! Good luck, hope you get that elusive call!
Reply 63
Original post by Dreamlola
Believe me, we are all living with the tiniest bit of hope! Good luck, hope you get that elusive call!

Glad I'm not alone then! I just feel like there is an even tinier hope with Swansea since they've already dipped into the waiting list, unlike Notts/SGUL! Thank you :smile: hope you get that life changing email/call!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, which is your first choice? Good luck 👍

Previously I would have said Warwick but I was so impressed with the staff at Nottingham on the interview day that I'm not sure anymore!

To be honest I doubt I'll get a choice so will just go with whichever gives me the offer first (if at all)!
Letter from Notts in the post with interview scores (1 highest, 5 lowest)- I scored 5,1,5,5,2..... doesn't sound good for me :frown:
Original post by puddleduck
Letter from Notts in the post with interview scores (1 highest, 5 lowest)- I scored 5,1,5,5,2..... doesn't sound good for me :frown:

I feel your pain.. I kinda wish they didn't give feedback as all it's done is knocked my confidence
Original post by jfletchy
I feel your pain.. I kinda wish they didn't give feedback as all it's done is knocked my confidence

It'll be useful for next year if I have to reapply- I think the overall message to me is that I need to do work work xp and talk to more doctors :/

Mind if I ask what your scores were?
It'll be useful for next year if I have to reapply- I think the overall message to me is that I need to do work work xp and talk to more doctors :/

Mind if I ask what your scores were?

Yeah that's true..

I got all the 5's. I feel like the day itself just wasn't my day and I know I performed **** at the interview.. just annoying because I feel that I'm worth more than that if I actually got a chance to properly sell myself. Oh well
Yeah that's true..

I got all the 5's. I feel like the day itself just wasn't my day and I know I performed **** at the interview.. just annoying because I feel that I'm worth more than that if I actually got a chance to properly sell myself. Oh well

Someone else on the Notts thread got all 5s. I don't think you're out of the running! Just wish that email would come through!
Someone else on the Notts thread got all 5s. I don't think you're out of the running! Just wish that email would come through!

I didn't get waiting listed for Notts, am holding out for Swansea and SGUL.

Good luck to you though!
I didn't get waiting listed for Notts, am holding out for Swansea and SGUL.

Good luck to you though!

Ah sorry, my bad!

Swansea was my first choice but no luck- I'm waiting on SGUL and Notts.

Haven't heard anything from SGUL yet.

I figure things will start moving super quickly next month, when the UCAS acceptance deadline rolls around (8th June)... so about 4 weeks to go ><
Reply 72
My Notts is 5,5,2,2,2 really not sure what to think till the positions are emailed.

SGUL is far too quiet. So disconcerting... 😬
My Notts is 5,5,2,2,2 really not sure what to think till the positions are emailed.

SGUL is far too quiet. So disconcerting... 😬

I just got an email- I'm number 5 on the waiting list! (5,1,5,5,2)
Reply 74
I just got an email- I'm number 5 on the waiting list! (5,1,5,5,2)

So happy for you! 😉 Enjoy the offers day!
(edited 6 years ago)
I've heard Ulster University want to open a graduate medical school for 2019 entry, it will be a 4 year degree so I guess this is good news for some of you.
I'm 7 on the Notts waiting list. The interview scores are so baffling! I got same as you, Puddleduck, but different order.

My first choice really was Swansea but I did v badly at the interview and got rejected. Is anyone else doing the bananas thing of considering reapplying for their 1st choice even if they get an offer at another uni??
Original post by NoodlesK
I'm 7 on the Notts waiting list. The interview scores are so baffling! I got same as you, Puddleduck, but different order.

My first choice really was Swansea but I did v badly at the interview and got rejected. Is anyone else doing the bananas thing of considering reapplying for their 1st choice even if they get an offer at another uni??

Wow well done Noodles (and puddleduck!) you are both in a great place for an offer from Notts!

I wouldn't risk it Noodles. My heart is set on Swansea too, but if anyone gives me an offer I'll gladly take it.

Has anyone on the Warwick waiting list heard anything yet?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Marathi
Wow well done Noodles (and puddleduck!) you are both in a great place for an offer from Notts!

I wouldn't risk it Noodles. My heart is set on Swansea too, but if anyone gives me an offer I'll gladly take it.

Has anyone on the Warwick waiting list heard anything yet?

Thanks, Marathi! So pleased to know I wasn't being completely deluded by thinking I did ok at the interview.

I know it's madness, and I really loved what I saw of Notts from the interview. It's just financially and socially, Swansea really would be best. I could live rent free with my grandmother (and also be able to look after her, she's not been well). I'd also have all the support of my family there - including newborn baby nephew I'd love to spend more time with. I think there's also a better financial deal being a Welsh student in Wales? Bleeuurrrgggh.
Reply 79
Original post by NoodlesK

Well done! Are you going for the offers open day?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending