The Student Room Group

5:30am revision sessions

Anyone tried getting up early say 5:30/6am to revise in the morning before school starts? Trying to revise for A Levels and find I lose all motivation by afternoon... does this work for anybody?
has worked for me before but its difficult to motivate yourself to go to bed earlier..
Original post by ohdearohdear
Anyone tried getting up early say 5:30/6am to revise in the morning before school starts? Trying to revise for A Levels and find I lose all motivation by afternoon... does this work for anybody?

I wake up everyday at 5am. I like to work before College and go bed at 11pm
Reply 3
I do 1 to 1.5 hours of revision in the morning (GCSEs) because after school it means I have to do less work and can relax a bit more from after school tiredness
I think it's the best option for me because regardless of how early or late I wake up, I can't get too much work done after school
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
I sleep too late so i'm somewhat tired in the morning thus it's pretty unproductive and I don't do it.
Jheez lmao you lot are motivated.
Reply 6
In the past half term I've been sleeping ~10:00 (+- 30 minutes) and waking up around 5:15-5:45 depending on how late i sleep. After everything (breakfast, brushing teeth etc) probably start doing work at 6:30 until just before 8, when I go get dressed for school (I live within 15 minutes).
Honestly, I always thought the whole thing about successful people waking up early and sleeping early was a myth but its good tempo, and an hour after I wake up I'll be actually woke and ready to do stuff.
It beats doing work at 10pm-midnight because I'm mentally tired late at night.

As for the schedule, it's not too hard to fall into it, provided you stick to it. I'd say it took me 3 days before I could actually fall asleep around 10 (first day it took me a couple hours to fall asleep), so might be a good idea to do it on a friday/saturday when theres no pressure of losing sleep on a school night. In the first 2 weeks or so I might wake up randomly at 3am, or take an hour to fall asleep, after that it has been all good, and even during those 2 weeks it was fine 80% of the time.
Would like to go sleep even earlier at say 9pm and wake up at 4:30, am a firm believer that 2 hours is a good amount of time to study, neither too short nor too long, and would free up some time to do weights and shower before school.
One thing though: probably not a good idea to start it right now, with Christmas coming up, you're likely to break the schedule often which kinda ruins it. Maybe start nearer to the end of christmas holidays/after the main christmas celebration is over.
PM me if you have any other questions : )
Also, are you yr 12 or 13?

Quick Reply

Latest