The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Which banks do not care about cover letters?
Reply 1381
Original post by lupin70
Which banks do not care about cover letters?

Wells Fargo !

No seriously... every bank care about everything in the application !
Except BNP that did not ask for a cover letter ! And maybe Nomura but I am not sure, I applied when it opened so... I forgot.

Good luck with your apps
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by AEK22
Wells Fargo !

No seriously... every bank care about everything in the application !
Except BNP that did not ask for a cover letter ! And maybe Nomura but I am not sure, I applied when it opened so... I forgot.

Good luck with your apps

Nomura is asking 3 questions with max 300 words answers
JPM is asking for my high school GPA even though I put that my high school is in the UK. How am I supposedly to answer it? Any help would be appreciated
Best to start applications if you haven't already, will leave you a solid amount of time to prepare for interviews. Focus on answering competency questions and plan your answers on paper. Basic financial news knowledge will be useful to learn on the day, plus specifics about the firm and its culture. If you have the opportunity to attend a networking event or multiple events at your uni then go. Make sure you plan answers to common questions because in an interview you need to come up with answers like *clicks fingers* that
(edited 6 years ago)
Is Barclays opened? This is becoming really frustrating...
Which banks have started reviewing applications?
Is anyone applying for summer? If yes, at which banks?
Reply 1388
anyone have a rough guide to when the deadlines are for the majority of summer internships at different firms?
If you apply to Schroders, they review your CV within 24 hours and if they like it, you sit a test within 72 hours. Within 24 hours of the test, they will say whether you passed or failed and arrange an interview. They’re very quick so get a move on...!
Original post by SherlockD
If you apply to Schroders, they review your CV within 24 hours and if they like it, you sit a test within 72 hours. Within 24 hours of the test, they will say whether you passed or failed and arrange an interview. They’re very quick so get a move on...!

Do they convert?
About GS SW, they say we have to state our SW dates in our cover letter, does anyone knows the exact dates?
Original post by Gozzy98
Do they convert?

nah they dont
Original post by Quiet_Male
nah they dont

Mehh
Original post by Gozzy98
Do they convert?

Yep
Original post by Gozzy98
Do they convert?

Original post by Quiet_Male
nah they dont

Original post by SherlockD
Yep

Which is it then?
Original post by DQd
Anyone in second year considering if it's even worth it to apply?
You need to spend so much time personalising your CV to that company and sector.
Then you have tests, interviews and assessment centres (then you actually have to research the company and sector) at possibly many different companies all of which you have travel back and forth to and from London.
This is expensive, for little chance of even getting in, it's time consuming and second year work is more demanding and actually counts towards the degree (and often is essential for 3rd year work).

I am a second year chem eng student at Manchester. Not only do I want to apply to spring weeks but I also have to apply for engineering related jobs as I have to find a industrial placement for next year. This means in total I have probably completed about 20 cover letters and about 17 aptitude tests. My timetable couldn't be any tighter or busier but you have to push through since I also got my uni work and plus a social life. However these opportunities are too good to miss my friend. Plan both your uni life and your future life together my friend, you'll defo manage. Otherwise you might regret not persevering in the future.
Guys, do you know which banks have started reviewing apps?
Reply 1398
Original post by lupin70
Guys, do you know which banks have started reviewing apps?

HSBC and DB !
Did anyone else have issues with the CS tests? Mine wouldn't load and then said I'd completed them after I kept trying to get it to work. I emailed them and they said they were aware of the issue so curious if anyone else had the same??

Latest

Trending

Trending