Funding for Nursing Degree, 2018 intake, when i have previous student loans

Watch
lollypops82
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, I am wondering what the provision for funding the Nursing BSC in 2018 will be. I already have a previous student loan for a social work degree in 2007 and an advanced adult learner loan for nail technology in 2016.
As there is no NHS bursary or tuition loans available after August 2017 I am wondering if a- I will be eligible for SLC funding b- what the amounts will be and if they are at a reduced rate. I am a single parent of 3 children and want to prepare to go back to uni and wondered if this will be financially possible having already the maximum loans allowed in previous years.
Thank you in advance x
han468
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lollypops82)
Hi, I am wondering what the provision for funding the Nursing BSC in 2018 will be. I already have a previous student loan for a social work degree in 2007 and an advanced adult learner loan for nail technology in 2016.
As there is no NHS bursary or tuition loans available after August 2017 I am wondering if a- I will be eligible for SLC funding b- what the amounts will be and if they are at a reduced rate. I am a single parent of 3 children and want to prepare to go back to uni and wondered if this will be financially possible having already the maximum loans allowed in previous years.
Thank you in advance x
Hi

You'll be able to get funding from student finance! I'm currently completing my undergraduate degree in health and social care and wanting to then study child nursing. I spoke to student finance before applying and nursing is an exception course, so basically if doesn't matter if you have previously had funding you can still apply to them. Obviously the student finance system has changed now so I'm not entirely sure what the amount will be. I'm going to be doing a PgDip course which is still funded by the NHS luckily!

Hope this helps and if you want any more info then just give student finance a ring they're really helpful and they'll explain everything
Tas786
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
hey han468,I am also doing a pgDip nursing course starting in September 2018 I was wondering if student finance would fund this? I am getting quite confused as some say student finance will not fund a PgDip course and some saying it will.please reply to methanks
han468
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Tas786)
hey han468,I am also doing a pgDip nursing course starting in September 2018 I was wondering if student finance would fund this? I am getting quite confused as some say student finance will not fund a PgDip course and some saying it will.please reply to methanks
Hi

Student finance don't fund PgDips but at the moment they are still funded by the NHS so tuition fees will be paid for and you can also apply for a bursary! I know it's still being funded for when I start in February but I have heard talks previously about whether the NHS funding will continue from September! If the NHS stop funding PgDip's then I'm sure there will be an alternative!
Tas786
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You’re lucky then, which university are going to? I just hope there is funding available for me, as i dont want to limit my chance 😩😩 Thank you for responding fast

(Original post by han468)
Hi

Student finance don't fund PgDips but at the moment they are still funded by the NHS so tuition fees will be paid for and you can also apply for a bursary! I know it's still being funded for when I start in February but I have heard talks previously about whether the NHS funding will continue from September! If the NHS stop funding PgDip's then I'm sure there will be an alternative!
ffarahMaysa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi guys, I'm glad I came across this page because I have been wondering the same thing. I have a degree in Sociology and am currently applying for PGDip in Nursing. The government has not put out any new information yet but when they do hopefully it will be NHS funded.
hayleywhitt17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by han468)
Hi

Sorry to jump on, do Student finance only fund the undergraduate nursing degree (lasting 3 years- as a second degree) and I’m right in thinking the masters nursing degree (2 year duration) is funded from the post grad loan which won’t even cover tuition fees let alone living fees 🙈 thank you x
Tas786
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hayleywhitt17)
Sorry to jump on, do Student finance only fund the undergraduate nursing degree (lasting 3 years- as a second degree) and I’m right in thinking the masters nursing degree (2 year duration) is funded from the post grad loan which won’t even cover tuition fees let alone living fees 🙈 thank you x
Hii,
Im also wondering if SF will fund an MSC course in nursing. I have an offer for a pgdip and an msc for nursing so i was wondering if SF will also fund an Msc :/
MadinahN
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Please help. I got funding in 2017/2018 for a masters (post graduate loan) although I didn't complete my studies due to unavoidable circumstances. I now really wish to change my career into nursing due to some things which happened that made me take that career turn. Will I be eligible for funding for a MSc in nursing preregistration degree despite the fact that I have previously got funding for a bachelors and a masters degrees in other fields?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (402)
56.3%
I don't have everything I need (312)
43.7%

Watched Threads