The Student Room Group

phyisics paper 5

Hey guys, last Thursday I sat for physics paper 5 exam. about 10 minutes before timeout I realized I wrongly read the graph on question 2 so I had to cancel out all the workings(gradient, y-intercept etc..) and wrote new answers on a new Cambridge blank sheet(given by invigilator). Do examiners mark and accept workings on other sheets? I'm quite worried tho bcs it carries lots of marks there.
Hi!

If you've written somewhere on the paper that you've written the answer on the blank page then you should be good to go. If not, then I am not really certain.

This also brings me to a fact that I need to check. I kinda messed up reading the y-intercept from the graph and used the value of the graph, which means my calculations for the questions to follow would be definitely wrong. Would I get any method marks for using correct equations but wrong value of y-intercept? (yes i took the same exam)
(edited 6 years ago)
Probably they will deduct mark on the y-intercept values but the error surely will be carried forward in the next following questions. So you'll still get marks if your answers and workings in following questions are correct :smile:
Original post by Sufia Faisal
Probably they will deduct mark on the y-intercept values but the error surely will be carried forward in the next following questions. So you'll still get marks if your answers and workings in following questions are correct :smile:

Ah I see. Hope so mate. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest