Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Simple I only need someone to tell me if there have been some cases of random marking in edexcel not AQA,I recall that somebody said once that he/she got a U in a subject and when it was remarked it turned out to be an A

ReputationRep:
    EDIT: come on, anybody,I really need this,one of my friend is really depressed about her marks,she really did better,and Ijust wanna know,so that she could do a remarking instead of resit ..pleaaaaaaaaase

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    EDIT: come on, anybody,I really need this,one of my friend is really depressed about her marks,she really did better,and Ijust wanna know,so that she could do a remarking instead of resit ..pleaaaaaaaaase
    It's worth a try, she hasn't got anything to lose at this stage. However, according to Steve Pattison of Edecxel grades are rarely changed and 'can sometimes be pushed down, rather than improved.'

Also if your college doesn't pay for the re-marking you'll have to pay yourself, including the charge they ask for if the grade is not changed.

Alternatively you can apply for a clerical re-check, where they make sure all parts of your exam paper have been checked and all marks calculated correctly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    It's worth a try, she hasn't got anything to lose at this stage. However, according to Steve Pattison of Edecxel grades are rarely changed and 'can sometimes be pushed down, rather than improved.'

Also if your college doesn't pay for the re-marking you'll have to pay yourself, including the charge they ask for if the grade is not changed.

Alternatively you can apply for a clerical re-check, where they make sure all parts of your exam paper have been checked and all marks calculated correctly.
    Oh then if they can be pushed down I'm not going to advice her,because if if she gets a lower mark there is a very big chance that she would kill me,*LOL*,and No our school doesn't pay anything they are so cheap ,so we have to pay our selves for it,do we pay for the clerical re-check,
    BtW thanx for replying

ReputationRep:
    Oh then if they can be pushed down I'm not going to advice her,because if if she gets a lower mark there is a very big chance that she would kill me,*LOL*,and No our school doesn't pay anything they are so cheap ,so we have to pay our selves for it,do we pay for the clerical re-check,
    BtW thanx for replying
    It's not that expensive to be honest (clerical re-check - £10 & £35 for a full remark not including the extra charge is there is no change) but make her aware of her options. I know she must be devastated not getting the grade and although re-taking might be irritating/painful - if she really wants that certain course and place then it's worth it. They usually do take you in after a re-take - once you've got the grades. I know someone that missed out on a UCL offer but once he had re-taken modules in January UCL offered him a place. Good luck to her. xxx

ReputationRep:
    They dont usually look at retakes in uni's here,they only look at the overall mark,which is good,I also thought I may do that check for the marks,for chemistry unit 2,but if the mark was the same do you pay an extra charge??!

ReputationRep:
    They dont usually look at retakes in uni's here,they only look at the overall mark,which is good,I also thought I may do that check for the marks,for chemistry unit 2,but if the mark was the same do you pay an extra charge??!
    i don't think so, it's probably just for the re-marking. if you have nothing to lose go for it.

ReputationRep:
    For a clerical re-check I doubt there's any extra cost, as it's not being looked over by a completely different examiner and takes very little time.

ReputationRep:
    then I think I may go for this,it's not much 10 pounds,I hope that another one would check it,thanks alot

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.