CIE History IGCSE Source Paper 2 thread (0470/22)

Watch this thread
DavoGCSE
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So paper 1 is out of the way and personally I felt it went OK, a few questionably worded questions but for the most part not too bad - let me know how it went for you guys also?
But now we have paper 2 on Friday and I'm a little more worried about this one as mock didn't go too well, so just thought I would make this thread for any advice, questions, notes or anything to help everyone out. Assuming everyone that did 12 and is doing 22 will be doing the peace treaties (Versailles) as a source topic?
My main question is about structuring questions, in paper one there is a set structure for 4, 6 and 10 markers, I was wondering if anyone had been taught/uses a similar set structure for 7, 8 and 12 markers? As in paragraphing, if we answer the question at the beginning or the end, how much we write for each one etc.
ddicted
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Hey! I just did paper 1 on friday and did league, road to ww2 and the nazi germany question about the rallies, what did anyone write for that germany one? For the source paper, i usually get pretty high marks and i usually write just under a page for all of them or just a page and for the last one i usually write from around 1.5 to 2 pages, i kind of just randomly paragraph them according to points and explanation!
JMR2021_
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Does anyone have tips for the source paper exam technique?
DavoGCSE
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So how did it go for everyone?
ddicted
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DavoGCSE)
So how did it go for everyone?
Im not sure how i feel about it... I ran out of time, i managed to mention all the sources in the intro for the last question quickly but studied and analysed in depth 2 or 3 sources for one sode and managed to just do the same for 2 sources on the other side, which is what i usually do, but i didn't really round off my last paragraph and didn't even have time for a conclusion! How many marks minimum do you think i can get?? Definitely not my favourite source paper ever... How did everyone else find it? Also for the question about spurces D and E and if they're are surprising etc what did you guys put? I put surprising to a lesser extent! (Sorry i really don't remember what the actual question was lol)
WillElliot
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I found the first question (Versailles paper) asking whether Sources A and B agree, quite hard. tbh I didn't really understand what the two sources were trying to say. What did u guys put for how they disagree or agree?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (80)
66.67%
In the post (5)
4.17%
Text (16)
13.33%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (19)
15.83%

Watched Threads