Medical Student NHS Support. HELP!!!!

Watch
em.d_4
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,
So I am currently a 3rd year medical student in Northern Ireland. However I am a resident of England and have always had my student finance from student finance England.
I am intending to take a Masters at my current uni starting in September and have just been told this means I won't be entitled to Student finance tuition loans for 4th and 5th year of my medical degree.

I have heard that the NHS pays tuition fees for the 5th and onward years of study for medical students (I'm assuming that due to my Master my 4th year of medicine is considered my 5th year of study?). I was wondering if my Masters would preclude me from receiving this funding, and also if this funding is guaranteed for all or is it means tested? I am also unclear of whether my uni being in Northern Ireland has any effect on this tuition fee support situation?

Then on to the bursary. Am I right in thinking I could potentially receive some bursary in the 4th and 5th years of medicine (my 5th and 6th years of study?)?

Please someone help me the website is so unclear and confusing especially given that I'm an English student on SFE at a uni in Northern Ireland!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (113)
27.7%
England (141)
34.56%
Belgium (31)
7.6%
Germany (41)
10.05%
Spain (9)
2.21%