adelehector
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Dear fellow student

I want to apply for a university in America after I finish my degree here, but I was told by a miss know It all that I can't apply for university in America. If I don't have algebra, which I have never heard of. Please help me. I'm good at maths, but want to retake my GCSE in the next couple of months. Which I will pass this time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Friffinghell
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think it really depends on what you want to study and which University. Ask at your University if they have any US affiliate programs.
adelehector
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I will do thanks a bunch....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tootles
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by adelehector)
Dear fellow student

I want to apply for a university in America after I finish my degree here, but I was told by a miss know It all that I can't apply for university in America. If I don't have algebra, which I have never heard of. Please help me. I'm good at maths, but want to retake my GCSE in the next couple of months. Which I will pass this time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How can you not know algebra? :lol:
Vikingninja
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by adelehector)
Dear fellow student

Posted from TSR Mobile
Algebra is mathematics where numbers are represented by letters and symbols. You would definitely need to have done this before because you are required to have passed maths GCSE and then getting B+ depending on the subject/uni and GCSE is a very large amount of algebra, beyond GCSE maths is nearly entirely algebra.
Merlin98
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Algebra? How do you not know Algebra is you're good at maths? Its the basics. Also, Im not sure its true that you specifically need Algebra to get into an American Uni, because Algebra isn't a set exam in the UK, its a topic in Mathematics. Actually, its involved in almost all GCSE and A-Level Maths.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (79)
27.15%
England (98)
33.68%
Belgium (25)
8.59%
Germany (37)
12.71%
Spain (5)
1.72%