The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
how early is very early like november early??
Reply 2
Reply 3
Yeh, if I remember rightly there were a couple of the very first RVC interviews in very late october!
Reply 4
how long before the interview will you be informed you have one?? xx
Reply 5
Depends. Most of the time it will be a few weeks, I got a letter 2 weeks before. Some people had letters a week before
Reply 6
I had a Bristol interview in November. Early interviews arent necessarily good....at Bristol after the interviews they accepted a few exceptional candidates rejected a few and put others on hold until they had interviewed everyone. I was put on hold and was informed in late march i didnt have a place....a long and nerve wracking wait!
Reply 7
Its annoying, luckily RVC only put people on hold in exceptional circumstances. I had an RVC interview in mid November but they had to wait till I think the 30th for the BMAT results. They say 2-4 weeks depending on BMAT and I got an offer 2 weeks after BMAT results so abot 4/5 weeks after my interview. It is nerve wracking but thats life. Bristol were very quick for me, like 2 days after. And I was rejected which was disappointing but at least I knew and could concentrate on my other applications. Notts wait until everyone has been interviewed so they can compare everyone as a group. So if your one of the last to be interviewed, you can have a decision within a week, but if you're one of the first you could be waiting 5/6 weeks +, you just have to be patient. Liverpool were by far the quickest, I was given an offer the day after my interview! I think most people had a decision within a week with a few exceptions.
Reply 8
J_E_N_N_Y

The RVC start their interviews on 6th November this year.

I'm probably going to be helping to run some of the tours so I might see some of you there!!!
Reply 9
You should all be applying to the RVC.

Its the place to go I hear :0
Reply 10
And you wouldnt be biased :wink:
Reply 11
Its as objective as drunk i am right now...

Dam me getting cheap drinks.
Reply 12
YAY! I have an interview at the RVC on 6th November. Now I'm scared because I really want a place lol. Boohoo. I better go and actually read the letter now :biggrin:
Reply 13
Well done!!!!!!!! Tho I'll warn you now, you're in for a long wait before you get a decision cos you have to wait for BMAT results
Reply 14
aww congrats. i havnt applied there though. good luck. xx
Reply 15
If you get an interview, does anyone know if it comes up on UCAS track?
Reply 16
no it doesnt, only offers come up on track :smile:
Reply 17
kat_2k4
YAY! I have an interview at the RVC on 6th November. Now I'm scared because I really want a place lol. Boohoo. I better go and actually read the letter now :biggrin:

Congratulations!!!!! :biggrin:

Feel free to Pm me if you have any queries before the day.
Sorry to go off topic... but I had a *horrible* dream last night :eek: In the dream, Notts suddenly decided they weren't offering the 6-year course anymore, and my only option was to do a chicken farming degree! And I was like 'wtf? Nooo. I've wasted one of my choices as well now.' It was scary :p:
Wow, scary dream lol! Anyway, back on topic lol I've got an interview on the 8th at RVC! I'm sososo scared!

Latest

Trending

Trending