The Student Room Group

How can I make better friends?

i know this question gets asked all the time but i'm just looking for a bit of advice. i'm a 20 y/o female who doesn't really have any friends who i can spend days out with and stuff. my best friend i haven't seen in about 5 months and she's now heavily pregnant and is always with her boyfriend and doesn't have time to see me anymore i'm not in education and there's not many young people at my work.

i'm really good friends with 3 guys at work but we don't spend time together outside of work as they all have girlfriends and i don't think their girlfriends like me. other friends i have live miles away all over the uk so i don't get to see them often. i don't do anything else that would give me an opportunity to meet people! i know people say 'join a club' but there's not much like that in my area and i wouldn't know what to join anyway. anyone got any advice?
so what?
Original post by huvaxshatra
so what?

Do you have any advice?
Leave Isis maybe
go away isis
Could you decide whether you're male or female first?
Look can I just get some real advice?
One advice piece given here has good amount of upvotes, upvotes is good right :smile:?
Original post by AishaTheKafir
Look can I just get some real advice?

1)Get a big house with a pool
2)Stop supporting ISIS
Original post by Somepersonhere
One advice piece given here has good amount of upvotes, upvotes is good right :smile:?

:biggrin:
Original post by feministy
1)Get a big house with a pool
2)Stop supporting ISIS

1) I am a student.

2) Do you mean Daesh?
1) I am a student.

2) Do you mean Daesh?

^didnt think you'd know what Daesh was.
Original post by feministy
^didnt think you'd know what Daesh was.

What is it?
Original post by Somepersonhere
What is it?

It's David Cameron's word for ISIS.
Ok so do you do much outside of your work? Too many people get a full-time job and then think that's it; there's nothing left to life and they work until they die. Surely a better idea would be to cram in as much as you can in your lifetime? What is a life if you don't live it?

I'm sorry but I'm going to tell you to join a club! :tongue:

There has to be things to do near you! Even if it's something you might think as boring like going to a gym or swimming, you never know who you'll get chatting to.

Maybe a good start would be thinking about what you did enjoy when you were at school. Could you continue to learn a language? Could you start some weekend dance classes? Do you have a love for beauty? Running? Comedy? Skiing?

If you don't have an interest in hobbies then why not start another job part-time? If you find yourself not doing much at the weekend, how about working behind a bar? That would get you out at night without having to take a friend and can still be pretty fun if you're willing to put the effort in.

Can I ask what you do for work at the moment?
i know this question gets asked all the time but i'm just looking for a bit of advice. i'm a 20 y/o female who doesn't really have any friends who i can spend days out with and stuff. my best friend i haven't seen in about 5 months and she's now heavily pregnant and is always with her boyfriend and doesn't have time to see me anymore i'm not in education and there's not many young people at my work.

i'm really good friends with 3 guys at work but we don't spend time together outside of work as they all have girlfriends and i don't think their girlfriends like me. other friends i have live miles away all over the uk so i don't get to see them often. i don't do anything else that would give me an opportunity to meet people! i know people say 'join a club' but there's not much like that in my area and i wouldn't know what to join anyway. anyone got any advice?

I was in a similar situation to you. What I would suggest for you is to find something to keep your mind busy, like do some kind of activity, or hobby? Maybe learn something new like find a course to do.

And if you are good friends with these 3 guys from work, invite all of them for drinks/ meal during lunch break.

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending