The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thepreacher101
well done s9 standard

read
Definitely watching this thread; the level of descriptions and storytelling in this thread is far superior to my own-in fact its probably on another level its so good :O :eek:
amazing I want to write a good creative writing but 1st I don't know what to write about 2nd how should i lay it out 3rd i need some technicle words to use to get me high marks and if you can add more that would help thanks
Help!!!! I've only got a grade 1 in narrative writing and my exams are just a month away I need help asap. Thanks.
Here's my story

Once upon a time, my grandma farted sooooo loud she created a storm. The END

Please grade me out of 40. And the 'farted' bit is a verb and onomatopoeia so clearly this has gotta be 40/40
I thought this was really good, i want to find other examples like this that include the wow factor at the end
Original post by rebecca.jb
Thank you c: I wrote it a while ago and it's a bit short but (it was an exercise in class not an exam) but it should be okay.

Cold, salty tears trailed slowly down my face - red raw - leaving thin pale streaks. Sunset lapsed, abandoning a dim yellow radiance. It didn't illuminate much but seemed to highlight the ice and snow. A glacial frost. Unforgiving.
Far out on the inexhaustible horizon of the sea my bloodshot eyes could just about pinpoint a flailing shape. Condemned to death, consumed by hysteria, they squirmed in the grasp of the merciless ocean.
It wasn't my fault, it was theirs. People who do not feel emotion are no longer people and do not deserve to live. Terrified, desperate screeches crawled through the frozen air to where I was standing. Who cared, really? I blinked, dismissing any remaining guilt. Not my fault. Not my mistakes.
Why I cried, I don't know. Why I am still crying confuses me even more.
"Gemma!" Another pitiful squeal sounded. "Gemma come on, help me! Help me Gemma!". A careless grunt sounded as I sniffed upwards. The cold was bitter. Tighter my grasp became on the shimmering green gemstone. An emerald; his favourite. Selling it would bring in a great sum; although, I suspected, no amount of money could be worth the joy I would feel when I flung it off the pier, to it's watery grave, along with him. Without a second thought over it went.
"Wha-" a splutter as his head was covered by a probing arm of water. "What are you doing?! Gemma! Gemma help me! Please Gemma!". Oh it's all about me, Gemma, me! I'm not sure he cared anymore about the jewel. Just his life. As usual.
It's weird because the first time he did it I forgave him, I did. And he swore to me he'd never do it again, he promised. And then the second time he neglected to tell me and the third I just plain ignored. They were all very beautiful women but what did that make me? A murderer.
The fourth time it made me a murderer.

Original post by rebecca.jb
Thank you c: I wrote it a while ago and it's a bit short but (it was an exercise in class not an exam) but it should be okay.

Cold, salty tears trailed slowly down my face - red raw - leaving thin pale streaks. Sunset lapsed, abandoning a dim yellow radiance. It didn't illuminate much but seemed to highlight the ice and snow. A glacial frost. Unforgiving.
Far out on the inexhaustible horizon of the sea my bloodshot eyes could just about pinpoint a flailing shape. Condemned to death, consumed by hysteria, they squirmed in the grasp of the merciless ocean.
It wasn't my fault, it was theirs. People who do not feel emotion are no longer people and do not deserve to live. Terrified, desperate screeches crawled through the frozen air to where I was standing. Who cared, really? I blinked, dismissing any remaining guilt. Not my fault. Not my mistakes.
Why I cried, I don't know. Why I am still crying confuses me even more.
"Gemma!" Another pitiful squeal sounded. "Gemma come on, help me! Help me Gemma!". A careless grunt sounded as I sniffed upwards. The cold was bitter. Tighter my grasp became on the shimmering green gemstone. An emerald; his favourite. Selling it would bring in a great sum; although, I suspected, no amount of money could be worth the joy I would feel when I flung it off the pier, to it's watery grave, along with him. Without a second thought over it went.
"Wha-" a splutter as his head was covered by a probing arm of water. "What are you doing?! Gemma! Gemma help me! Please Gemma!". Oh it's all about me, Gemma, me! I'm not sure he cared anymore about the jewel. Just his life. As usual.
It's weird because the first time he did it I forgave him, I did. And he swore to me he'd never do it again, he promised. And then the second time he neglected to tell me and the third I just plain ignored. They were all very beautiful women but what did that make me? A murderer.
The fourth time it made me a murderer.

This was really good i want to find more of the tasks like these
Original post by robmac2002
I thought this was really good, i want to find other examples like this that include the wow factor at the end

like mine?
Original post by haseeb_jarral
Sorry for leaving this late ...

can i post something *itches?
(edited 5 years ago)

can i post something *itches?
Reply 50
The moon awakened. The sinking sun illuminated the sky in brilliant shades of crimson. A hot, fair day had just passed, and (characters name) was laying in his/her bed. The soft, velvety curtains of his/her 's bedroom swayed in the wind. Off-white walls matched the off-white bed, which was covered in off- white silky blankets. He/she lived an opulent life in her magnificent, lavish palace.

Ps: I'm in year 8 but hopefully it'll help..
Original post by goku2169
like mine?

Yeh
lack of variety in punctuation. Perhaps this was done to maintain a crappy mood whilst reading this
"The wind didn’t howl, it screamed"

correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this comma splicing?
Shouldn't this be replaced with a semi-colon or colon or dash??
Can the three be used interchangeably in this example?
Enjoy reading :smile:

:smile:I have a writing about a hard journey do you mind reading it and giving feedback
its good but could use some improvements like it could be made longer and gone into more detail but good first try
Hi, all!
I thought it would be a good idea to have one place where you could find examples of the big 40 marker on paper 1 - creative writing.
Feel free to include your own examples (I've added one too :smile:).

easy get a book......and read it
Enjoy reading :smile:

Absolutely amazing! Insane use of imagery, but the only way I'd say you could improve was to describe smells as you nailed the other senses. (Not overly sure how you could describe the smells though!)

You are a beast. That is certified 40/40. So good, do you read a lot?
Original post by mc_miah
Definitely watching this thread; the level of descriptions and storytelling in this thread is far superior to my own-in fact its probably on another level its so good :O :eek:

I told you I would be watching it. Damn this is literature at it's finest. Stealing some good adjectives and metaphors in preparation for tomorrows test aha :lol:

Latest

Trending

Trending