The Student Room Group

Was I right to delete her?

So I was talking to a girl for a few weeks and we seemed to be really getting along. One night she snaps me saying if I liked a dress she was wearing out to the club and I eventually ended up going to the same club with my friends. We kissed a lot and spent most of the night together until she went home with her friends and I stayed behind with mine. The next day I messaged her the usual stuff like 'did you get home safe' etc and everything was fine at first but eventually she started opening my snaps and waiting hours to reply, sometimes even replying the next day! I messaged her yesterday and shes opened it and still hasn't replied so I deleted her on all social media as I HATE girls that play games. Was I right to do this? Also she's been posting a lot of stuff about relationships on her snap stories so im really confused as to whether she likes me or not :/

Scroll to see replies

Lol tf, she sounds annoying.
(edited 6 years ago)
Talk about overreacting...
Deleting her sounds like a bit of a rash decision.. but there's no going back now so I guess you'd better move on!
I'm not an expert but I guess you should have given her a head's up before deleting her. I mean you could have said something along the line of "You know what I'm kind of done with you ignoring my texts. If you want me out of your life it's fine just say it don't act like a complete ass"

Hope I helped
Reply 5
Original post by Tiger Rag
Talk about overreacting...

How is it overreacting? She's posting stuff and she knows I can see it but still leaves my messages on read?
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
So I was talking to a girl for a few weeks and we seemed to be really getting along. One night she snaps me saying if I liked a dress she was wearing out to the club and I eventually ended up going to the same club with my friends. We kissed a lot and spent most of the night together until she went home with her friends and I stayed behind with mine. The next day I messaged her the usual stuff like 'did you get home safe' etc and everything was fine at first but eventually she started opening my snaps and waiting hours to reply, sometimes even replying the next day! I messaged her yesterday and shes opened it and still hasn't replied so I deleted her on all social media as I HATE girls that play games. Was I right to do this? Also she's been posting a lot of stuff about relationships on her snap stories so im really confused as to whether she likes me or not :/

sounds like she was having second thoughts after the club,

she may or may not have come round.

I think you were a little hasty to NEXT her so quickly, but tbh I can't chastise you for it as i've done something similar before [girls play such games nowadays..]
lol I would have just stopped texting her.
How is it overreacting? She's posting stuff and she knows I can see it but still leaves my messages on read?

I sometimes look at things and reply later because they take some thought. (or I just forget to reply)
Reply 9
btw the only reason I deleted her (apart from the reasons stated) is because we haven't really knew each other that long too. She might not even notice lol
Reply 10
Original post by christina_tw
I'm not an expert but I guess you should have given her a head's up before deleting her. I mean you could have said something along the line of "You know what I'm kind of done with you ignoring my texts. If you want me out of your life it's fine just say it don't act like a complete ass"

Hope I helped

yeah, i've done something like this OP, perhaps you should have done down this route then at least it makes it easier for her to get back in contact/make amends [if she wants to]
Original post by Tiger Rag
I sometimes look at things and reply later because they take some thought. (or I just forget to reply)

but do you reply a DAY late sometimes while still posting on the same (and other) social media outlets?
but do you reply a DAY late sometimes while still posting on the same (and other) social media outlets?

Occasionally, yes. Although, I'm more likely to do that with email than social media.
Reply 13

There's usually a good correlation between how interested in you a girl is and how long she takes to reply to a msg. If she's consistently taking days to reply to something that needs like a sentence or less reply ..then sorry to say this, she ain't that into you bro

if these messages between you are more like letters and she's writing paragraphs, then perhaps cut her a little slack.
Original post by ChickenMadness
lol I would have just stopped texting her.

Exactly lol, no need to delete her. Now he has pretty much completely blown his chances, well done op. :colonhash:
Thanks for all the replies. After reading through them maybe I was a but harsh but oh well, her fault for playing games lol
Honestly tho, if the conversation is dead. I don't reply, especially if it's someone I don't know that well.
Definitely overr reacted. Talk about impatient. She might have been busy or she might not have wanted to seem too keen, doesnt mean she was playing games. Now shes going to think little of you, it was immature to do that.
Original post by MissDetermined
Definitely overr reacted. Talk about impatient. She might have been busy or she might not have wanted to seem too keen, doesnt mean she was playing games. Now shes going to think little of you, it was immature to do that.

I'm not sure some of you understand how things like snapchat work. If she didn't open the message at all I'd be fine. It's the fact that she opened it and waited days to reply. Like if you're not ready to reply to the snap don't open it. Bare in mind this isn't a one time thing and happened multiple times. It's like she thought 'na im done' then probably got bored and decided 'yeah i might as well message him back'
Don't be impatient, maybe she just needs time to process everything

Quick Reply