The Student Room Group

Never had a girl act nice to me

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I was angry so I was exaggerating with "no girl has ever been nice to me..."

Something you overlooked is age, people's brains are not fully developed until they are 25 or so. So it's possible that there's a difference in maturity with the girls younger than me so I don't get along with them?

Are you saying your brain is fully developed at your alleged age of 29?
I was angry so I was exaggerating with "no girl has ever been nice to me..."

Something you overlooked is age, people's brains are not fully developed until they are 25 or so. So it's possible that there's a difference in maturity with the girls younger than me so I don't get along with them?

I don't feel that age is that significant of a factor really. Brain development and intellect does not hinder kindness or personality. I know people with learning difficulties who have wonderful personalities.

While people who are more mature can be more understanding of certain issues, such as when you are dealing with a sensitive conversation, it is not that significant in everyday, simple conversations.

Young children can display amazing acts of kindness without any advanced level of maturity.

Quite often maturity is looking past first judgements of others and thinking to yourself why you don't get on with other girls and what can be done to remedy this. Women are not all evil creatures jealous of your great material things. Speaking personally, working class girls quite often don't care about your material belongings, if they want your friendship they just want you to be a nice person (I don't know your gender sorry).
Well, most of these women are working class, I grew up upper middle with two parents working professional occupations and I'm the only child. I only wear the most expensive designer fashion, nothing showy or tacky though and I drive a brand new Mercedes among other luxuries. So you could say I'm much classier than them? There's a difference in upbringing maybe. I was taught to act properly while these girl were not taught by their poorly educated parents to act properly?

Also, I'm much better looking than any of these girls, seriously, it's not even close. Maybe they realize that I'm too good for them?

I'm not bragging or showing off by the way on an Internet forum, I'm just being honest.

I was on your side...and then I read this.

This is why people don't like you 'oh I'm too good for them because my parents had middle class jobs and I drive a mercedes' - could not epitomize unearned privilege more if you tried. The fact you can even say 'Maybe they realise I'm too good for them?' and follow it with 'I'm just being honest' says everything. (a) Why because you can afford more expensive clothes and are a snob?, (b) You're presuming you are too good for them by the syntax of that sentence, and (c) Your whole manner and tone is evident here, if you're anything like this in real life I'm amazed they haven't punched you in the head never mind not be nice to you.

Trust me, you aren't classy - you ever read the Great Gatsby? You're new money, throwing it around and being ostentatious and in peoples grills and expecting them to be nice to you just by virtue of your existence despite being a vacuous little rich girl who flaunts it and has an inflated self opinion that she deserves people be nice to her despite patterns of behaviour that - as far as this thread shows - make you out to be a bad person.

As for this view of the working class 'I was taught to act properly while these girl were not taught by their poorly educated parents to act properly?' don't get me started. (a) how do you know their parents are poorly educated, and what makes you better educated than them? Even if you are why does that make you more worthy or how you behave more correct? What form of education teaches social interaction skills?, (b) Not act properly by whose standard, this complete lack of introspection ie they must be nasty because of something wrong with them instead of realising you're the lowest common denominator in all of this, and (c) you think these attitudes don't show in your behaviour? smh. Well you probably havent but normal people see someone and simply from their manner can tell they're looking down their nose, or think they're better - it shows.

The very fact you having designer clothes or a mercedes is relevant says everything. Have you ever considered people who can never afford that kind of extravagance judge people on a different set of criteria, on their actual personality which I notice you didn't mention once - never 'I'm really nice to them but' or anything like that, your value judgement is exclusively on how much crap you have and relative levels of education as if that matters. They don't like you because if you can come across this self important, self obsessed, materialistic and shallow in just a few lines in a forum post I dread to think what you're like in real life.
Reply 43
Well, most of these women are working class, I grew up upper middle with two parents working professional occupations and I'm the only child. I only wear the most expensive designer fashion, nothing showy or tacky though and I drive a brand new Mercedes among other luxuries. So you could say I'm much classier than them? There's a difference in upbringing maybe. I was taught to act properly while these girl were not taught by their poorly educated parents to act properly?

Also, I'm much better looking than any of these girls, seriously, it's not even close. Maybe they realize that I'm too good for them?

I'm not bragging or showing off by the way on an Internet forum, I'm just being honest.

What kind of clothes do you wear? I want names/examples.
Original post by whatashame3
I don't feel that age is that significant of a factor really. Brain development and intellect does not hinder kindness or personality. I know people with learning difficulties who have wonderful personalities.

While people who are more mature can be more understanding of certain issues, such as when you are dealing with a sensitive conversation, it is not that significant in everyday, simple conversations.

Young children can display amazing acts of kindness without any advanced level of maturity.

Quite often maturity is looking past first judgements of others and thinking to yourself why you don't get on with other girls and what can be done to remedy this. Women are not all evil creatures jealous of your great material things. Speaking personally, working class girls quite often don't care about your material belongings, if they want your friendship they just want you to be a nice person (I don't know your gender sorry).

Perfect response, thank you. I've calmed down now since I wrote this topic, so I've concluded that they're just some ugly girls so it doesn't matter, they're likely to have been treated like dirt since they were born so they're socially retarded.
Original post by H.N.I.C
What kind of clothes do you wear? I want names/examples.

Mostly from French fashion houses like Saint Laurent and Dior
Original post by GonvilleBromhead
I was on your side...and then I read this.

This is why people don't like you 'oh I'm too good for them because my parents had middle class jobs and I drive a mercedes' - could not epitomize unearned privilege more if you tried. The fact you can even say 'Maybe they realise I'm too good for them?' and follow it with 'I'm just being honest' says everything. (a) Why because you can afford more expensive clothes and are a snob?, (b) You're presuming you are too good for them by the syntax of that sentence, and (c) Your whole manner and tone is evident here, if you're anything like this in real life I'm amazed they haven't punched you in the head never mind not be nice to you.

Trust me, you aren't classy - you ever read the Great Gatsby? You're new money, throwing it around and being ostentatious and in peoples grills and expecting them to be nice to you just by virtue of your existence despite being a vacuous little rich girl who flaunts it and has an inflated self opinion that she deserves people be nice to her despite patterns of behaviour that - as far as this thread shows - make you out to be a bad person.

As for this view of the working class 'I was taught to act properly while these girl were not taught by their poorly educated parents to act properly?' don't get me started. (a) how do you know their parents are poorly educated, and what makes you better educated than them? Even if you are why does that make you more worthy or how you behave more correct? What form of education teaches social interaction skills?, (b) Not act properly by whose standard, this complete lack of introspection ie they must be nasty because of something wrong with them instead of realising you're the lowest common denominator in all of this, and (c) you think these attitudes don't show in your behaviour? smh. Well you probably havent but normal people see someone and simply from their manner can tell they're looking down their nose, or think they're better - it shows.

The very fact you having designer clothes or a mercedes is relevant says everything. Have you ever considered people who can never afford that kind of extravagance judge people on a different set of criteria, on their actual personality which I notice you didn't mention once - never 'I'm really nice to them but' or anything like that, your value judgement is exclusively on how much crap you have and relative levels of education as if that matters. They don't like you because if you can come across this self important, self obsessed, materialistic and shallow in just a few lines in a forum post I dread to think what you're like in real life.

You make some good and interesting points, however, ugly girls are nasty and no one likes them, it's a fact of life that I have accepted. No point in trying to be polite to them, I'll just ignore them.
You make some good and interesting points, however, ugly girls are nasty and no one likes them, it's a fact of life that I have accepted. No point in trying to be polite to them, I'll just ignore them.

Poe's law - it's a shame enough people are like this for it to trick people into thinking it's legit
Reply 48
Most guys who’ve never had a girlfriend come extremely close to getting one but always fall down at the last hurdle.
Reply 49
Respectfully you sound like the biggest and most utter nonce I've come across (On and off the internet). But who knows, you could be the greatest guy alive and girls are just too narrow minded to appreciate that.
I'm 29 and every girl I met since I was 12 has been nasty to me. I'm starting to think that this is just the way girls are - complete and utter *****es because I had a lot of nice male friends but never met a girl that wasn't downright nasty.

Well you clearly speak to the wrong type of girls then. If they're nasty then don't bother but you're probably going to be bound to take advantage when you do meet a nice girl. It's easy to forget to appreciate them for every single thing, but the waits can be worth it. As long as you're as I like to call "real" then you shouldn't have a problem finding someone nice. Good things come with time.

Ding ding ding! I think we may have found the reason why girls don't like you , possibly because you sound like a egotistical ***hole? It's a shame all the money you claim to have couldn't buy you a decent personality.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending