Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is wrong with wanting this country to remain as a 'white' country? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I would say there is a difference between racism and preferring your own race. What is the problem with wanting this country to remain as a majority white country? Even though it is obviously considered racist to say that. How many people who are white would want to end up as a minority race in the country which they live. If you are a minority you immediately are disadvantaged. I don't think it is racist as I support black people in South Africa and them becoming dominant in their own country/land and not being subjugated by white people.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure I'd phrase it in the way you have as wording like that can be taken out of context and misconstrued very easily, but I agree with the general sentiment of wanting to preserve a country's culture, national identity and traditions, many of which are intrinsically intertwined with our ethnic heritage, i.e. being white in the case of Europe.

I have absolutely no problem with diversity or multiculturalism, I encourage it, one can still be in favour of diverse ethnicities while preferring and upholding their native one. However, it is common sense to realise that multiculturalism cannot be extended ad infinitum to the point where the majority of the native population's culture and ethnic heritage is no longer extant. And this is a sentiment shared by every race, not just whites.

You think the Chinese would just sit back and smile if their entire country were swarmed with white Europeans who eroded their native culture and slowly replaced the Chinese ethnicity with the Caucasian one? Of course they wouldn't. You think ethnic Omanis would be happy with their culture and ethnicity being consumed and superseded by that of whites? No, it would be unthinkable.

It is in people's nature to love and celebrate their native traditions and culture and it's naive and disingenuous to think genetics and ethnicity have nothing to do with that. It's not a coincidence that most countries that have been colonised have fought tooth and nail for independence so that they can be ruled by their own people and do things "their way".

But no, let's not actually use our common sense and critical thinking skills and just scream "bigot!!!!!11111" and "you're a racist!!!!!!!11!!" to anyone who dares say otherwise. After all, us whites are the progenitors of all evil and oppression in the world of course, and so extreme liberals would have us quietly lay down and let ourselves be overrun into extinction. If these extremist liberals had it their way the world would be one perfect, homogenous gloop and no individuality or variety would exist anywhere.

This isn't and has never been about making the UK 100% white or proclaiming that whites are the superior race, both of which are absurd. I'm genuinely curious as to what these extreme liberals are actually proposing: unbridled, unchecked and limitless immigration? They don't possibly see anything that could go wrong with that and why no nation on Earth has adopted this policy?

I've been called a racist so many times for defending English culture and being open with my irritation at how it's becoming progressively more diluted by the influx of immigrants. Srs it's boring.

ReputationRep:
    Lel I actually feel bad for the white UK people in a lot of situations, I am east-asian, born in a EU country, moved over to the UK.
    But I can walk over the street here and not realize I'm in the UK.
    I don't mind the people who are like me, but I do mind all those people who want to bring every single bit of their own culture to the UK.
    I personally don't relate to my own culture at all and I'm okay with that :P
    Think the western cultures are better anyway :/

(Original post by Somepersonhere)
    Lel I actually feel bad for the white UK people in a lot of situations, I am east-asian, born in a EU country, moved over to the UK.
    I don't mind the people who are like me, but I do mind all those people who want to bring every single bit of their own culture to the UK.
    TBF you're the kind of person I have no problems at all with. You're here, you want to be one of us, you're one of us. Cool, welcome aboard.

But as you say, so many people bring their own culture here from wherever, and bring their children up into it, and retaining that attitude - which makes no sense at all to me; why would you come over here and make a home in our country if you didn't want to be one of us? I've said this to people (especially Indian-rooted people) and they've started on at me for being racist and intolerant, when I'm merely mystified at how their families can be so certain they want to live in England but almost pointedly live as though they were exactly where they came from.

ReputationRep:
    Where do you live in London? Do you think that generally immigrants should make more of an effort to integrate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    TBF you're the kind of person I have no problems at all with. You're here, you want to be one of us, you're one of us. Cool, welcome aboard.

But as you say, so many people bring their own culture here from wherever, and bring their children up into it, and retaining that attitude - which makes no sense at all to me; why would you come over here and make a home in our country if you didn't want to be one of us? I've said this to people (especially Indian-rooted people) and they've started on at me for being racist and intolerant, when I'm merely mystified at how their families can be so certain they want to live in England but almost pointedly live as though they were exactly where they came from.
    Yeah I get hated on by family and other non white people for not liking my own culture etc.
    My parents are friends with a lot of people who have lived here for like 10 years, but still barely speak any english at all.
    I think thats weird. Also I never chose to move to the UK on my own, was quite happy were I lived before, but the culture is quite the same anyway. The way I am probably has to do with that I grew up with mostly white people around me also, I lived in suburb small cities and I was usually the only non-white in the class or max of 2 in my class. I think I've seen more foreign people in the first 2 weeks when I started living here than I did in 16 years over there....

(Original post by karl pilkington)
    Where do you live in London? Do you think that generally immigrants should make more of an effort to integrate.
    Read story above for some info .
    I live in Manchester, idk how bad london is tbh.
    I usually get better along with white people actually, which tbh is one of the reasons I picked a uni where the majority is white. I haven't had many good/best friend like friends where I live now.
    A lot of people just throw me in the same group as most people from my ethnicity etc, which is annoying. Also there are many reasons why I just couldn't have many good friends etc. Religion, life style, many people speaking foreign languages here etc.

Edit: Also girls haha, better girls there probably

ReputationRep:
    In a way some countries like China or Japan you have to look Chinese or Japanese to be considered part of their nation. If you look at America they have created a very successful society based on integration and racial diversity but dunno if it is working in this country.

ReputationRep:
    In a way some countries like China or Japan you have to look Chinese or Japanese to be considered part of their nation. If you look at America they have created a very successful society based on integration and racial diversity but dunno if it is working in this country.
    Noooonsense. I'm a Caucasian dual Japanese/Scottish nationality. I don't look Asian. So that's nonsense.

Also America is one of the most racist countries ever to exist. Ever. Any success in America is not based on their race relations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    I've been called a racist so many times for defending English culture and being open with my irritation at how it's becoming progressively more diluted by the influx of immigrants. Srs it's boring.
    What is English culture though? It's all been taken from other parts of the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friffinghell)
    Noooonsense. I'm a Caucasian dual Japanese/Scottish nationality. I don't look Asian. So that's nonsense.

Also America is one of the most racist countries ever to exist. Ever. Any success in America is not based on their race relations.
    Have you ever been to Japan? It is 99.9 ethnic Japanese. It is very difficult to be considered Japanese by Japanese people without looking Japanese.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you want the UK to remain a white country?

ReputationRep:
    What is English culture though? It's all been taken from other parts of the world.
    Not really it has mostly derived out of our Anglo Saxon/Norman roots and history.

ReputationRep:
    So you don't want immigrants here yet you are one yourself?? logic...

ReputationRep:

Yes but it is still a good example of a diverse society that is doing really well and accepts diversity unlike China and Japan which are against diversity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teenhorrorstory)
    Why do you want the UK to remain a white country?
    I don't know but I think I feel most comfortable with people I have most in common with and race is part of that. I don't mind black people however but am not a fan of muslims and immigration from Pakistan Muslim countries etc

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever been to Japan? It is 99.9 ethnic Japanese. It is very difficult to be considered Japanese by Japanese people without looking Japanese.
    Yes, I have lived there most of my life. Thankyou for telling my about my own country. I am still considered Japanese. I have literally never encountered somebody Japanese telling me that I am not Japanese. Only English people. Very strange.

Japan has very restrictive immigration policies. Partly due to lack of space as population is very dense plus protection of jobs as we have to support a very large population of our own. However, Japan has recognised that in order to succeed they need immigration and has proposed to welcome 10 million migrants over the next 50 years.

ReputationRep:
    Not really it has mostly derived out of our Anglo Saxon/Norman roots and history.
    You do know that the Normans were from Normandy (ie: French) and that they were Viking settlers who had settled in Normandy (ie: Denmark).

The Anglo Saxons were Germanic and came from mainland Europe.

This is all sounding VERY English indeed.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but it is still a good example of a diverse society that is doing really well and accepts diversity unlike China and Japan which are against diversity.
    Japan has proposed to bring in 10 million migrants over the next 50 years as they are aware that by not doing so their economy and industry will suffer.

That sounds quite diverse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theoneandonlybob)
    So you don't want immigrants here yet you are one yourself?? logic...
    I didn't chose to live here, my parents moved. I hold a permanent residence status and an EU passport. What I'm trying to say is I don't like those annoying immigrants....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.