The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why do poor people buy expensive unnecessary things..

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FloralHybrid
A. Lmao if you don’t know this girl how do you know she was poor
B. Are you sure you can spot a real Gucci from a fake one hmm

Edit - It’s a year old thread... nice. Still, I bet Gucci handbag girl is living a great life

Why do they think that someone waiting at a bus stop must be poor
Original post by yolkie
Why do they think that someone waiting at a bus stop must be poor

^^ If bus is the most convenient method of travel for me, regardless of income, ima take it.
Original post by boogeymanRT
Dude I agree with you they need to stop the bull**** and actually buy something they need instead of flex there sh**

This random girl that none of you know anything about isn’t the only one around here who needs to stop the ********.
It is because they are 'poor'. They make themselves poor, because they have never learned to manage money. They buy things 'on time' by putting them 'on their credit card' - rather than saving money for a few weeks and paying cash. This lets them a> pay 35% to 45%+ interest on their purchase - thereby making it cost more (and making them poorer). They NEVER!! ask questions such as: 1> Do i really NEED this, or is it just a want? {Shoes for a child are a need, $250 fancy 'name brand' sneakers are a WANT}. 2> Can i buy it later for less {Recently introduced items are priced more highly. After the novelty wears off, the price is reduced to sell more of the item}. 3> Can i buy it used for much less {Same comment as #2, used items are often MUCH cheaper than the introduction price}. 4> Could i rent it for less than buying it, and not have to store & care for it later - after i'm done with it. 5>Do i need it at ALL? Many purchases are made on a whim. A few days after buying it, some ppl are tired of it and give it away or discard it - but they are still paying ~40% interest on it. An amazing amount of nearly new merchandise can be found in dumpsters every day. Much of it has nearly nothing wrong with it. Many microwave ovens are discarded because of bacon grease (or other trash) in the door interlock switches keep them from functioning properly. Cleaning the swiches is cheaper than buying a new oven (and paying the taxes and high interest rates on the purchase. Cheers.

Latest

Trending

Trending