The Student Room Group

History/ Sociology revision.

This might be old and seems really unorganized and really last minute.
Anyone interested in revising history or sociology collectively? I am doing the AQA examboard for sociology and Edexcel route E for history. Hit me up if you interested : ) ) )
Original post by ak_0213
This might be old and seems really unorganized and really last minute.
Anyone interested in revising history or sociology collectively? I am doing the AQA examboard for sociology and Edexcel route E for history. Hit me up if you interested : ) ) )

Hi so my History exam isn't until October (Im doing it with CIE) and I haven't picked my 3rd A-level yet but I'm confused between sociology and math - would you like to be study buddies or something ? :smile: It would also be nice to hear about the pro and con about doing sociology from someone studying it currently. When are your exams?
Reply 2
Original post by transient life
Hi so my History exam isn't until October (Im doing it with CIE) and I haven't picked my 3rd A-level yet but I'm confused between sociology and math - would you like to be study buddies or something ? :smile: It would also be nice to hear about the pro and con about doing sociology from someone studying it currently. When are your exams?

My first exam for sociology will be 16th of May which is not so far away hence I am having insomnia now. The merits of studying sociology are that it actually an interesting subject that you will be deeply drawn into like I did. The content of the subjection for example education can actually be applied in real life. I would recommended to do sociology instead of maths. A: easier to write essay than doing past papers. B: you will truly love this subject if you have strong views about different areas e.g education, social class.
Original post by ak_0213
My first exam for sociology will be 16th of May which is not so far away hence I am having insomnia now. The merits of studying sociology are that it actually an interesting subject that you will be deeply drawn into like I did. The content of the subjection for example education can actually be applied in real life. I would recommended to do sociology instead of maths. A: easier to write essay than doing past papers. B: you will truly love this subject if you have strong views about different areas e.g education, social class.

Thank you for letting me know, I glanced through the syllabus and it did look really interesting. is it a subjects that I can study for 6 months and get an A in? I wouldnt have anything else to do alongside it in that 6 month. What are your other subjects and what are you planning to study at uni? :smile:
Reply 4
Thank you for letting me know, I glanced through the syllabus and it did look really interesting. is it a subjects that I can study for 6 months and get an A in? I wouldnt have anything else to do alongside it in that 6 month. What are your other subjects and what are you planning to study at uni? :smile:

I do history, product design and media along side with sociology. If you interested in media I would advise you to take the ocr course cause this year is easy, I basically just chilling in the class. If you did study 6 months for sociology and you like it. It will be a subject that you can get an A, as well as using correct technique. I intended to do architecture in uni and I want to go Edinburgh
Original post by ak_0213
I do history, product design and media along side with sociology. If you interested in media I would advise you to take the ocr course cause this year is easy, I basically just chilling in the class. If you did study 6 months for sociology and you like it. It will be a subject that you can get an A, as well as using correct technique. I intended to do architecture in uni and I want to go Edinburgh

Edinburgh is my second choice :smile:
Reply 6
Edinburgh is my second choice :smile:

Is my first choice after seeing the requirement of bath
Original post by ak_0213
Is my first choice after seeing the requirement of bath

I think architecture is really interesting subjects but I thought you need math for it?!
Reply 8
I think architecture is really interesting subjects but I thought you need math for it?!

Edinburgh have requirment for GCSE maths and sciences so yeah

Quick Reply

Latest