The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan has gone down in final year

Hi Everyone,
I'm set to go into my final year of Uni next year and I'm worried about my student finance. I know that the maintenance loan does go down in the final year but mine has dropped significantly. This year I have received about £6000 with around £600 of that being grants. However next year I will be receiving £3600 with no grants, my Dad said his wage has increased a little bit but by using the maintenance loan calculator I am still getting about £2000 less than I could. Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated 😀
Original post by Jush5127
Hi Everyone,
I'm set to go into my final year of Uni next year and I'm worried about my student finance. I know that the maintenance loan does go down in the final year but mine has dropped significantly. This year I have received about £6000 with around £600 of that being grants. However next year I will be receiving £3600 with no grants, my Dad said his wage has increased a little bit but by using the maintenance loan calculator I am still getting about £2000 less than I could. Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated 😀

Sounds like you haven't been income assessed. Has your dad sent off his income information yet? And have you asked to be income assessed?
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
Sounds like you haven't been income assessed. Has your dad sent off his income information yet? And have you asked to be income assessed?

Yeah he has sent off all his information. He was as shocked as I was when I told him the amount I was being given.
Yeah he has sent off all his information. He was as shocked as I was when I told him the amount I was being given.

It often takes a few weeks for the income assessment to be finished and recacluated.

Ring up SFE to find out whether they've received everything they need and when your income will be assessed and your loan recalculated.

Hi,

If you're confident that all income information has been supplied and there have been no changes in your circumstances that could have reduced your entitlement, it would be best to get in touch with us over the phone on 0300 100 0607 so we can access your account and look in to this further for you.

Thanks
Reply 5
Do we not get the grant in our final year of study?
Original post by APJMc
Do we not get the grant in our final year of study?

If household income stays the same, the grant stay the same. It's the loan that goes down.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending