The Student Room Group

Scared of Uni

This sounds stupid but i'm terrified of University... Nobody in my family has gone to Uni and they're all strongly against loans and debt, they've told me countless times about how stupid it is and how it will ruin my life. I don't know if I want to go because I have this fear that getting into debt will be the worst decision of my life. Also, i would have to live at home as i get far too homesick. I don't come from a family with much money and I only have my mum who i can't expect to depend on as she has enough on her plate... I keep telling myself that I'll just get a normal 9-5 job in a supermarket or something but is that really what i want? I don't know what to do... Please help :frown:
You have already considered university as a possibility, and for many it can lead to a great career. If it is fear holding you back, you need to let go of that fear. If you want to go to university, go for it. It will help improve your future in the long term. Student loans you pay back when you are earning over a certain amount. If you are too homesick you can commute, but I would recommend moving into halls, as you get the full uni social experience.
Up to you, same rules apply no matter where you are and wether you think you are invisible or not.

Quick Reply

Latest