The Student Room Group
Original post by kels_lou47
I have applied to work at Aldi, filled in the online application and got an email inviting me to an individual assessment. However, I'm 17 and everyone has said that they only employ 18 year olds minimum age... can anyone help?

On the website below, it says the minimum age to work at Aldi is 16 but in the overview, it says store workers must be aged 18, I believe this depends on whether the role involves handling Alcohol and Tobacco. In the job description for the role you have applied for, does it not state anything that this particular role is for over 18's?
https://www.jobapplications.co.uk/aldi-application/

Though, I'm thinking surely they would not have invited you to an individual assessment if they thought you didn't meet the minimum age, as that's a basic requirement. In my opinion, I would give Aldi a call just to clarify whether the role is suited for your age.
Reply 2
Original post by squirrology
On the website below, it says the minimum age to work at Aldi is 16 but in the overview, it says store workers must be aged 18, I believe this depends on whether the role involves handling Alcohol and Tobacco. In the job description for the role you have applied for, does it not state anything that this particular role is for over 18's?
https://www.jobapplications.co.uk/aldi-application/

Though, I'm thinking surely they would not have invited you to an individual assessment if they thought you didn't meet the minimum age, as that's a basic requirement. In my opinion, I would give Aldi a call just to clarify whether the role is suited for your age.

Thankyou! And it just said store assistant which is handling alcohol I'd assume? I'll give them a call and have a look some more!
I got an interview and offered the job when i was 16 (didn't end up taking it though)
Reply 4
Original post by Jackieox
I got an interview and offered the job when i was 16 (didn't end up taking it though)

Oh?! That's good news, did they know how old you were too?
Original post by kels_lou47
Oh?! That's good news, did they know how old you were too?

Yeah, they asked me at the recruitment day, asked me again at the interview, checked my passport and still offered me the job, they said i wouldn't be able to be on tills until I was 18 and i'd be stocking the shelves until then (Obviously not the alcohol aisle)
Reply 6
Original post by Jackieox
Yeah, they asked me at the recruitment day, asked me again at the interview, checked my passport and still offered me the job, they said i wouldn't be able to be on tills until I was 18 and i'd be stocking the shelves until then (Obviously not the alcohol aisle)

Oh! That's good then hopefully I still stand a chance (: thankyou!

Latest

Trending

Trending