LV's Year 13 Exam Season Journal (2017)Watch
- Chemistry (Edexcel)
- Maths (Edexcel)
- Latin (OCR)
- Art (AQA)
The exams I am sitting are:
Latin Language (AS) - May 15th
C1 (AS) - May 17th
C2 (AS) - May 24th
Latin Verse (A2) - June 6th
S1 (AS) - June 7th
Latin Prose (A2) - June 9th
Chemistry P1 Inorganic and Physical - June 13th
Chemistry P2 Organic and Physical - June 19th
C3 (A2) - June 20th
C4 (A2) - June 23rd
S2 (A2) - June 26th
Chemistry P3 General and Practical Principles) - June 27th
- Thurs 22 May 2014 past paper for AS
- C2 geometric progressions and exam questions
- C2 logarithms recap
- Finalised art personal study essay (only have conclusion left)
- Sorted out application process on Studielink for PPLE in University of Amsterdam
Review: did not get much done because I had to argue about my universities to my parents for ages. It's a constant debate every day. This has been happening a lot for the past weeks because they are constantly enforcing the UK on me, and courses that I really don't want to do.
- Finally finished personal study for Art!
- 3 pages of Organic Synthesis booklet
- C2 circle geometry recap
- S2 median and quartile recap
Review: did not do enough. Argued a lot with pressuring parents - it is a constant battle for Amsterdam. They don't want me to take a gap year either and so I'm looking at maybe doing a foundation course or something before hopefully getting into PPLE.
(Forgot to do a daily review)
- Some chill Latin AS revision (watched way too much of The Tudors... TV is really distracting so I'm not gonna touch my PS4 for Netflix from now on.
- General verse/prose revision
- S1 June 2016 paper
- C1 basics (indices rules and that)
15/05 (Latin Language AS)
- Learning vocabulary with some procrastination by looking at Dutch universities
- Last minute cramming
- Brush up on tenses and grammar tables
Thoughts on exam: went excellently, if anything, a lot better than last year! Passage 1 more or less nailed. Just forgot in Passage 2 that 'surrexerim' doesn't mean "I undertook", it means "I stood up". I really psyched myself by reminding myself of the competitive requirements for Edinburgh/Amsterdam beforehand so just the right level of adrenalin to ace the paper.
- C1 January 2013 (56/75 = 75%)
- C1 June 2012